SiouxSports.com Forum

Dean Blais

Siouxhockey03

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question should be asked, If Dean Blais accepted a postion with Columbus wouldn't USA Hockey have to find a new World Jr coach. Why would Dean want to miss a large tournament like this knowing that he still has a chance to coach in the NHL later?

So . (IF it is true).. who would replace him? Maybe Bulldog fans should be more nervous than sioux fans.

Someone (CD) is already saddled up (CD) next to the (CD) phone. :D

How is DB's family doing? I would suspect that would be a significant factor in his decision.

Someone (CD) is already saddled up (CD) next to the (CD) phone. :D

How is DB's family doing? I would suspect that would be a significant factor in his decision.

Okay, I'm an idiot. It's early in the morning and I can't figure out who Greyeagle is referring to with "CD." Someone fill me in please.

Okay, I'm an idiot. It's early in the morning and I can't figure out who Greyeagle is referring to with "CD." Someone fill me in please.

"CD" refers to Craig Dahl. Dahl made some comment that he would take "the Call" from Madison when Wisco was looking to fill Sauer's slot. Instead, they sobered up and called Mike Eaves. :D;)

So . (IF it is true).. who would replace him? Maybe Bulldog fans should be more nervous than sioux fans.

Oh I am sure, he would be the first choice to take Deans place.

That being said, I doubt. With the World Juniors coming up and he is the coach.

I wouldn't put much stock into it. Just someone trolling.

The NHL labor problems combined with Blais not quite being done with his UND contract, I don't see why he'd leave. Unless of course, he got a now or never offer with a rediculous salary. Even then, it's not like Columbus won't be looking for a coach again in a year or two anyways.

Gino got 3 (1980, 1982, 1987).

Blais needs to get his 3 (1997, 2000, ?) before he can go. :D

Then we'll get three from the next guy*. ;) ;)

* Former UND All-American Scott Sandelin? GF Central alumnus and UND All-American Steve Johnson from the Lincoln Stars?

If you were Dean would you leave Grand Forks for Columbus??? I sure wouldn't with all the stuff he gets at UND. His salary, car, retirement benefits, etc. He would be dumb to leave and pull his kids out of school. If he does leave, I agree that Bulldogs fans should be very nervous.