SiouxSports.com Forum

Dean Blais

Siouxhockey03

I don't understand. I hate it when people think that someone like Dean Blais is leaving or when Zach Parise left the team is going to suck. Its not just one person who makes the team but everybody else helps out just as much as someone else... I'm quite looking foward to next year, with all these incoming freshman. When my brother was playing hockey during his highschool years he played against Lamoureux. Travis Zajac looks very promising as well, since he was drafted to the New Jersey Devils. Like I said, I'm really looking foward to next season. I'm counting down the days. :)

I echo your sentiments. I also have similar thoughts about my favorite team. If I were guessing, I'd pick the Sioux for the top of the WCHA unless they have two more early departures. Even then they still might be my pick, the Sioux were just too far ahead of the field last year to think otherwise.

I have no doubt Hakstol will do great next year with the Sioux (even Dahl would), but in opinion he is unproven as a long term coach. Not that he is a bad choice, but if I were making the selection I'd look all over the country and who else may be interested in checking out Grand Forks.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In most higher ed position openings the university can hire from within without having to advertise for the minimum 30 days. The flip side to this, however, is that within one year the position has to be reopened and advertised for the required 30 days. I have no idea if any of this applies to the hockey coach position or not because of the funding source. I thought Dean's salary did not come out of state appropriated dollars. If not maybe non of the above holds true, but because it is a state position, I think the rules still apply.

DG