SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Montana Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

Just rewatched Palmborgs injury and it’s a good lesson in physics for athletes. If you want to cut at speed to the left at a sharp angle, you’ve got to do it with your right leg or both legs. If it’s just the left leg and you try and plant it inside and cut outside you compromise your knee.

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Just rewatched Palmborgs injury and it’s a good lesson in physics for athletes. If you want to cut at speed to the left at a sharp angle, you’ve got to do it with your right leg or both legs. If it’s just the left leg and you try and plant it inside and cut outside you compromise your knee.

I think that was a reaction to the move the QB made.  We are missing very good LB.  

37 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Yea but he hurt his right leg not his left. Also people get injured in all types of ways it’s kind of ridiculous to say that he could have avoided the injury by doing something different. There is no telling what can happen on any given play. 

5 minutes ago, MrMcnoingam69 said:

Yea but he hurt his right leg not his left. Also people get injured in all types of ways it’s kind of ridiculous to say that he could have avoided the injury by doing something different. There is no telling what can happen on any given play. 

He would not have hurt his right leg. 

9 hours ago, Fry Bread said:

One thing  I thought I noticed a couple times Saturday was the defensive lineman having a hard time hearing the calls. 

Any one else notice this. 

I think one time they had to call a timeout 

Good point. A few times I saw DLinemen get into their stance a second before the snap; LBs walking around looking to the sideline with palm of hands facing up as though they weren't sure what they were in.

1 hour ago, shep said:

Good point. A few times I saw DLinemen get into their stance a second before the snap; LBs walking around looking to the sideline with palm of hands facing up as though they weren't sure what they were in.

This happened on a third down and short play.  Rogers looked lost on D and was not ready at the snap.  Their QB kept it and ran right into where he was standing.  It was a lucky break for UND.  

Communication needs to get better.