SiouxSports.com Forum

NAGA

Fetch

Bill Brotherton's bio on the site is inaccurate. It states, in addition to facts unrelated to the nickname saga such as razing campus buildings, dropping sports, etc. that "the university suffered a historic decrease in alumni support." All of which is either unrelated to the issue or simply not true. I appreciate this group's passion, but at the very least they must also be accurate in how they portray the University re the nickname issue.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So if the NCAA drops this policy, ...

Not. Gonna. Happen. 

Look closely: it's the same group as ever trying to get the NCAA to listen, and the NCAA still isn't taking their calls. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2018 at 2:25 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Not. Gonna. Happen. 

Look closely: it's the same group as ever trying to get the NCAA to listen, and the NCAA still isn't taking their calls. 

Sicatoka is right, this is 20 years too late, this needed to be done during the 1990's. 

11 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The Sioux are done, no doubt. Any so are the so many elementary, junior high, and senior high schools that gave it up. Other colleges also. It's like there are very few left.

I agree with you. The NCAA isn't going to change their mind, the NCAA doesn't care. The NCAA got the result that they wanted when UND changed their name to Fighting Hawks. Here's my prediction. Soon, there's going to be a movement to change all Native American nicknames. The anti-nickname crowd will never give up.