SiouxSports.com Forum

Is REA going broke?

Fedorov

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrong.

Which is newer? The MacInnis at Tech may be older, but they just recently put money into it. The DECC is the same age (roughly). And Mankato is newer than 1972. Anchorage?

How about if I change that to "least recently refurbished"?

Which is newer? The MacInnis at Tech may be older, but they just recently put money into it. The DECC is the same age (roughly). And Mankato is newer than 1972. Anchorage?

How about if I change that to "least recently refurbished"?

DECC was built in 1966, old Engelstad opened in 1972.

If you go with the refurbished arguement, old Engelstad was refurbished in 1983 adding approximately 300 seats. :D

And many complain about REA for its crappy acoustics.

Hey! I thought we agreed that we wouldn't discuss "Milbank" in public. Now PCM will be mad. Maybe PCM won't notice now that he's gloating and claiming that he's the "Slovakian Pipeline."

And I'll have you know I've picked up Zap, Pillsbury, and Napoleon on my scouting responsibilities list. ;):D

Milbank.

Ahhhhh. My old home town. I'm quite aware of the next baby recruit, who, by the way, will come from Milbank. Just strapped on the skates last winter for the first time. His old man was the only goalie Milbank has ever seen. In fact, how does a 0.00 GA and 100% svs % sound? Mind you, there was only one skater in Milbank in the late 70's and early 80's.

He was lonely out there.

Cold and lonely.

The acoustics at the Ralph suck. They are just terrible. I have not heard a decent bit of good sounding music come out of anything except the built in speakers. For concerts it has got to be the worst venue in the area.

Either that, or the soundguys at the concerts have never heard of an EQ.

Best venue in the country?

LOL!

You need only to go to the cities to find the Target Center and the Xcel Center, both of which are better/bigger than the Ralph.

Nice try.

We're talking in terms of college hockey, shooter.

Neither the Xcel or the Target Center is better for college hockey. But, yes they are bigger, Mr. Obvious.

shooo :D

I heard a rumor that the Eagles cancelled their concert here because REA wanted them to make a donation to the Fighting Sioux Club before getting in the building. While negotiations were heating up there was talk of $50,000 in up front money. Unfortunately, REA thought that meant the Eagles were giving them $50,000 instead of the other way around.

I heard a rumor that the Eagles cancelled their concert here because REA wanted them to make a donation to the Fighting Sioux Club before getting in the building.  While negotiations were heating up there was talk of $50,000 in up front money.  Unfortunately, REA thought that meant the Eagles were giving them $50,000 instead of the other way around.

while rumors may or may not be true,

I do know that the concert wasn't selling out and the DECC was, therefore, Daloot can have'm

good riddance anyway.

while i think the eagles were great, the true meaning of their "Farewell Tour" got thrown out with the rest of yesterday's news and Cher's last pair of skivies :D

while some 'think' the REA is blood letting, remember who was coming to play this concert

Ok, just as long as you know that the Ralph is not the best venue for ice hockey.

Having worked at the Excel and spent a lot of time in it, I can say the REA is easily a "better" arena. The Excel is bigger, that is the only advantage they have over the REA. The Target center sucks for hockey, it was not designed for it, they cannot keep good ice.

The Excel is much like the REA, except wherever you see concrete at the Excel it is marble at the REA. Wherever there is plastic at the Excel, it is leather at the REA.

The REA is the best rink I've ever been to. Most in the NHL consider Toronto the best NHL rink, with Excel running second. I've never been to Toronto so I cannot say how the REA matches up to it. I can say the REA is at least the second nicest if not the nicest hockey rink in the world.

The Eagles have been to the area a couple times in the past few years. They can get away with charging $150 for a ticket the when they are still a novelty. The novelty has worn off and nobody is going to fork out that much cash to see the same show they saw two years ago.

Ok, just as long as you know that the Ralph is not the best venue for ice hockey.

Bison Sports Center...now there's a venue...you gotta bring your own foam padding or you'll end up with a sores...drink a flat beer and pee in a galvanized trough...very classy...

Now you're an expert on hockey venues? How many college games have you watched at each? Where'd you sit in each? Who was playing? What makes one better than the others?

I'll trust Sioux forward Brady Murray's father* when it comes to rating hockey facilities. I suspect he has better hockey facilities judging credentials. And I'm not sure you'll like what he said.

* Make sure you look at that domain name and understand who Andy Murray is. :D

Now you're an expert on hockey venues? How many college games have you watched at each? Where'd you sit in each? Who was playing? What makes one better than the others?

I'll trust Sioux forward Brady Murray's father* when it comes to rating hockey facilities. I suspect he has better hockey facilities judging credentials. And I'm not sure you'll like what he said.

* Make sure you look at that domain name and understand who Andy Murray is. :D

Sica your clouding the issue with fact. That probably doesn't work with this moron.

I suppose he think BSA is a better venue that the Ralph.