SiouxSports.com Forum

Hennessey

SIOUXFAN97

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

Ryan Cunningham on KNOX is an excellent play by play guy for any sport it seems.  I really enjoy listening to him regardless if it is hockey, football, basketball, or volleyball.  He does a tremendous job in my opinion.  I'd love to hear him doing UND games in some fashion in the future..........

Ryan’s first ever play by play for hockey was at my Blue Jay girls team I coached. 2011-12 state tourney. He interviewed me after our consolation championship game against Minot. I was surprised how good he was right off the bat. Have our tying goal and overtime winner he announced still in my phone. 

Kinda under the radar but id take Paul Ralston if he could call hockey.  You guys ever hear him for basketball?  He does a great job, and he does it without a color guy helping him.  Has he ever done any hockey games?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Ralston is way to big of a homer for me after the choke job incicdent. 

Alnost like he is scared to say anything critical

We finally agree on something.  He tries way too hard to come up with Dick Vitale like phrases or sayings and goes way overboard on the fake enthusiasm.   Can't listen to Hennessey in the morning much anymore because of Ralston's constant diatribes.  I certainly miss Swyg.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Ralston is way to big of a homer for me after the choke job incicdent. 

Alnost like he is scared to say anything critical

Those two sentences totally contradict each other. He was being critical by calling out that huge choke job in regard to the home team that blew a huge lead. 

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Those two sentences totally contradict each other. He was being critical by calling out that huge choke job in regard to the home team that blew a huge lead. 

...and that's what he is saying, that ever since he got scolded for that, he is very careful not to say anything critical.

I like Cunningham on radio, does a nice job.

He used to do some officiating as well.

A few years back, we were playing in a softball tournament in Oakes(before they banned all teams above Rec level). We were getting ready to start a game and our first two hitters were standing outside the dugout taking a couple swings and our leadoff hitter says to our 2 hitter "I am going to hit a line drive between first and second to get the game started, what are you going to do?". Our #2 hitter says "I am going to hit that !@#$!ng bus" The Town Hall team had brought the Town Hall Bar bus down for the weekend....their is a rule against profanity if it is loud enough for those in the stands to hear it but the only people who heard it where those 2, Ryan, and myself as I was going to coach third base. As I am walking by I hear Ryan yell "Casual Profanity, batter is out". I tried to argue a little bit but was laughing at the fact that our leadoff hitter(my brother) was getting called out before the game even started and the guy who said it got to hit.....he promptly hammered one off the !@#$!ng bus.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1