SiouxSports.com Forum

World Juniors 2017-2018

Wilbur

49 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

With the lack of spacing between the three....it was basically a 1-0. He did the right thing by taking the shot.

Disagree.  He helped cause the bad spacing.  He veers left, then snaps a pass to the shooter on the right, goal.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Disagree.  He helped cause the bad spacing.  He veers left, then snaps a pass to the shooter on the right, goal.

Or Bellows crosses to the other side for a backhand pass to an open net instead of running into the goalie.

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

How many goals against Woll this tourney went high glove side?  I'm guessing 3/4 of his goals against went high glove.
Why keep playing a goaltender that has such a glaring weakness that opposing players have obviously keyed in on it?

I didn’t think Woll or Oettinger were good choices with how they have been at BC and BU this year. Goaltending was going to be the weakness. 

The half ass backchecking cost this team the most.

Just now, cberkas said:

I didn’t think Woll or Oettinger were good choices with how they have been at BC and BU this year. Goaltending was going to be the weakness. 

The half ass backchecking cost this team the most.

I agree with the back checking, what goalie would you have selected?

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Mittelstadt has done a lot of things right in this tournament...that 3-on-0 was NOT one of them though.  

No problem with the decision just seemed like the puck rolled on him a little and he didn't get as much on it as he wanted to. He has been the best player for the U.S. the entire tournament and is the guy I'd want to have the shot in that situation. Spacing wasn't very good to really move the puck on the opportunity either. Bottom line though you get a 3-on-0 chance against a good team and it has to end up in the net.

18 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I agree with the back checking, what goalie would you have selected?

That would be the problem, had to go with who was available for the position. 

15 and 5 cost the US goal number 2 and Anderson coasting on his backcheck cost goal number 3.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

No problem with the decision just seemed like the puck rolled on him a little and he didn't get as much on it as he wanted to. He has been the best player for the U.S. the entire tournament and is the guy I'd want to have the shot in that situation. Spacing wasn't very good to really move the puck on the opportunity either. Bottom line though you get a 3-on-0 chance against a good team and it has to end up in the net.

Then it really can't be defined as a 3-on-0 when CM essentially turned it into a breakaway by himself.

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

How many goals against Woll this tourney went high glove side?  I'm guessing 3/4 of his goals against went high glove.
Why keep playing a goaltender that has such a glaring weakness that opposing players have obviously keyed in on it?

Just watched the game highlights and my ohh my did Sweden expose what Finland exposed a few games ago on Woll.

6-1 Canada...the route is on.