SiouxSports.com Forum

Confirmed Early Departures From Other Programs

dagies

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you blame him for leaving that program?

terrible team

terrible town

terrible fans......

He made the decision to go there. I don't feel sorry for him. Did he think they were going to win a NC in St. Cloud?

I agree with you 100% about the town though. St. Cloud and Bismark are the two most ugliest towns I've ever been too.

I agree with you 100% about the town though. St. Cloud and Bismark are the two most ugliest towns I've ever been too.

Where is this "Bismark" that you've been "too?" I lived in Bismarck for 15 years. It was and still is a nice town.

Where is this "Bismark" that you've been "too?" I lived in Bismarck for 15 years. It was and still is a nice town.

I went to the one where the State Capital building looks like the same as my college dorm.

You must have went 7 miles to far and wound up in Mandan. ;) As far as ugly cities of the 4 largest in ND. Minot has to top that list. The 3 prettiest views in North Dakota.... The Turtle Mountains, The Badlands and Minot in your rearview mirror. :p

You must have went 7 miles to far and wound up in Mandan. ;) As far as ugly cities of the 4 largest in ND. Minot has to top that list. The 3 prettiest views in North Dakota.... The Turtle Mountains, The Badlands and Minot in your rearview mirror. :p

I spent quite a bit of time in Minot during the last couple of years and I always thought Minot was a nice city. Caught one of the biggest walleyes I ever seen through the ice on a lake north of the Minot Air Force Base (I want to say lake Sarah).

I lived in Minot for 15 months and that was all my parents could handle. We headed back to WI. The hills and scenery were pretty but Minot was a boring city, which I think is why my parents, well my mom couldn't stand living there. I think Grand Forks is prettier and has more things to do, making it overall a better city. I have been back to Grand Forks twice this year but have yet to see Bismarck again, but it was pretty last time I was there.

If Minot has less things to do then Grand Forks, I am never going there!

I heard on the Big Dogs this morning that Grand Forks rated second in the nation in binge drinking. Maybe it was a April fools joke, maybe not! Most of the towns on the list were in the upper midwest and were college towns...

How do you spell gulable.

I heard on the Big Dogs this morning that Grand Forks rated second in the nation in binge drinking. Maybe it was a April fools joke, maybe not! Most of the towns on the list were in the upper midwest and were college towns...

Binge drinking most common in upper Midwest, least in South

By Janet Kornblum, USA TODAY

Alcoholics aren't the only problem drinkers; so are people whose social imbibing gets out of hand.

And a study released today indicates that binge drinking is most prevalent in the upper Midwest. Defined as drinking five or more alcoholic beverages within a few hours, binge drinking also is prevalent in Texas and Nevada but is lowest in the South, the research shows. It's also more common among men and people age 34 and younger.

Among the 120 largest metropolitan areas, San Antonio had the highest prevalence of binge drinking; Chattanooga, Tenn., had the lowest, according to the study by researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Findings are published in the American Journal of Public Health.

"If (I were) the mayor or somebody who is living or working in one of the cities with high binge-drinking rates, I would be quite alarmed," says study co-author Tim Naimi, a public health physician with the CDC.

Highest binge rates

Measured as percentage of those 18 and older who had five or more drinks within a few hours in the past month.

1. San Antonio 23.9

2. Grand Forks, N.D.-Minn. 23.4

3. Milwaukee-Waukesha, Wis. 22.7

4. Austin-San Marcos, Texas 22.6

5. Sioux Falls, S.D. 21.4

6. Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, Iowa-Ill. 21.1

7. Cedar Rapids, Iowa 20.6

8. Duluth-Superior, Minn.-Wis. 20.3

9. Lincoln, Neb. 20.1

10. Springfield, Mass. 20.1

Source: American Journal of Public Health

"But I think it's important to recognize that binge drinking is pretty common across the U.S. Acute intoxication from alcohol is a leading cause of death in the U.S. It's extremely common. It's extremely dangerous

If Minot has less things to do then Grand Forks, I am never going there!

We really have to try harder, second is not good enough. If hockey season were longer I know we would have been #1. And surprisingly Duluth came in 8th.

We really have to try harder, second is not good enough. If hockey season were longer I know we would have been #1. And surprisingly Duluth came in 8th.

For all the hype of the Penalty Box, they just couldn't come through in the end. ;)