SiouxSports.com Forum

"god" is now a Devil

Let'sGoHawks!

Congrats to Zach. I would have done the same thing. We all saw him get mugged and held and speared and slashed all season long in the WCHA. Why stick around and deal with that crap when you can make money in the NHL and not be assaulted on a nightly basis? I plan on purchasing a devil jersey with "Parise" on the back.

GOOD LUCK IN THE NHL ZACH!!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Zach. I would have done the same thing. We all saw him get mugged and held and speared and slashed all season long in the WCHA. Why stick around and deal with that crap when you can make money in the NHL and not be assaulted on a nightly basis? I plan on purchasing a devil jersey with "Parise" on the back.

GOOD LUCK IN THE NHL ZACH!!!

So much for my theory that Zach would want to come back and want to win an NCAA title. I supose the kid from Slovakia will be in the mix now for next season. S#!t... I think we are going to see Greene go next and then we shouldn't lose anyone else...

Zach has no holes in his game and will probably never see minor league action unless a lockout occurs. It was time for him to move on.

It is hard to justify coming back to try to win a NCAA title when there is SO much luck involved in a single knock out tourney.

I sure do get a kick out of people pointing out that Zach Parise is leaving school due to the excess clutching, grabbing, holding, spearing, and hooking going on in the neutral zone of WCHA games. HAVE YOU SEEN AN NHL GAME LATELY? It's more of the same there. Ask Mario Lemieux.

If he thinks he was mugged and clutched and grabbed in college wait until he gets a taste of the NHL. Guys are way bigger and he had trouble sometimes in the corners against college d. I am sure the $ is what made the decision.

I sure do get a kick out of people pointing out that Zach Parise is leaving school due to the excess clutching, grabbing, holding, spearing, and hooking going on in the neutral zone of WCHA games. HAVE YOU SEEN AN NHL GAME LATELY? It's more of the same there. Ask Mario Lemieux.

Yes, but you don't get paid millions of dollars to put up with it in the WCHA. After Zach was ridden into the boards headfirst by a UAA player and received a cheap cross-check to the neck from Vanek at the Final Five, I'm guessing that Zach's decision to turn pro was much easier.

Yes, but you don't get paid millions of dollars to put up with it in the WCHA. After Zach was ridden into the boards headfirst by a UAA player and received a cheap cross-check to the neck from Vanek at the Final Five, I'm guessing that Zach's decision to turn pro was much easier.

I don't think the abuse played a major role in Zach's decision. The guys has NHL talent and will now get to play for the Stanley Cup. He had an amature career that would rival ANYONE and it was time for him to move on.

I think New Jersey had a big say in Zach's decision also. They had reps at all of Zach's games and were appalled at the stuff the opposing team got away with when it came to Zach. The stick to the throat by the very unclassy Vanek didn't help matters much. And then the fact he only got 2 minutes was laughable.

The difference between this stuff happened in college and NHL, is at least in the NHL David Hale can stick up for Zach without having to worry about sitting out a game or two.

Good luck Zach. Thanks for giving us 2 unbelievable years. You were fun to watch and I can't wait to continue to watch you play for New Jersey.

I realize that being paid money will make those NHL hits somewhat easier to absorb, but my comment was basically implying that the NHL of today isn't the run-and-gun Edmonton Oilers of the 1980's. Do you seriously think the punishment being dished out played a major role in him deciding to turn pro. Sorry, but I can't see him on the ice after Vanek's cheap shot thinking to himself "just one more week and I'm done with this." In the end, it's hard to turn down money, and if ZP gets his name etched on the Stanley Cup this June, he won't even remember losing to DU in the Western Regional of the NCAA's. It's about opportunity, not being a victim of cheap shots one-too-many times.

In the NHL, Zach will be clutched and grabbed and etc. BUT, the sticks don't get up as high in the NHL. This is due to the fact there are no facemasks and if you DO get sticks up, you get your A$$ handed to you by the guy you high stick, or by the team GOON(S). Except for a few well noted cases, there is more respect in the NHL.

Add in the fact he will be making millions to deal with the abuse, and you may further understand why the college game just didn't make sense for him anymore.

I don't think the abuse played a major role in Zach's decision.

You think, but you don't know. He had two potentially career-ending hits on him during the Final Five, plus all the other mugging that many of us witnessed throughout the season. I'm not saying that it was the factor or even a major factor. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if it played a role in his decision.

You think, but you don't know. He had two potentially career-ending hits on him during the Final Five, plus all the other mugging that many of us witnessed throughout the season. I'm not saying that it was the factor or even a major factor. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if it played a role in his decision.

Good point.. the shove into the board neck first by the UAA player... career threatening and potentially life threatening... no penalty. The Cross check to the neck by vanek... should have been 5 minutes but ended up being a minor. This was the trend throughout the year folks.

If we only lose greene and parise we should be ok, but if we lose bochenski, jones or even more it might be another rebuilding year.

does anybody think this puts ballard and vanek at risk of leaving since they were very high draft picks???

Vanek playing in the NHL right now would be interesting to see. He wouldn't be able to get away with his floating and lacadasical play in the pros like he does in college. He's going to have to step up his intensity or he won't see much ice.

Then again... maybe going to the NHL is just what he needs for that to happen.