SiouxSports.com Forum

Hobey Finalists

dunker2001

Why does Ralph Nader come to mind? :lol:

That Nader took just enuff votes away from Gore in key states to pretty much give Bush the electorial college in the 2000 election. And do we really want to get into Florida again??

*Looks like that American Polictics 102 is starting to pay off for me.* :angry:

almost half are from the WCHA...all 3 finalists should be (unless Saviano gets the token Eastern guy nod)

Three finalists should be from the WCHA, but that will not happen. I see Ballard not making it for this very reason. He could and should make it, but since we just saw a MN defenseman win the HB two years ago, he will not make it.

I see Thomas Pock making the final three. He has had an outstanding year, and he is the only non-WCHA player that really jumps out at me as deserving to make the finalists. Unfortunately, I can see Voce making it just because he plays for BC. The only non WCHA player that is a ? to me is the guy from Miami, he might be deserving of it, but playing where he does keeps me from knowing anything about him besides his name...

Parise of Bochenski? We know that only one will make the cut despite the fact that they both deserve to be finalists. The HB does not favor ND (because we win too much, I guess). I am putting my money down on ZP to be a finalist because Bo has not been dominating the game lately like he was earlier in the season. No disrespect to Bo, he is just as worthy, but Parise is the man!

My last pick is Junior Lessard. He is having a very good season and he leads the nation in points. He deserves to be a finalist.

My three finalists:

Thomas Pock

Zach Parise

Junior Lessard

who wins the HB?

Junior Lessard

why does he win and not a deserving UND player?

Becuase he help resurect UMDs program

North Dakota still wins the NCAA title though...

and not because he leads the nation in goals?...damn east bias

Doesn't Bo have a share of the lead in points for the nation? That means more production and certainly just as considerate as Voce.

My question is: Where the hell is the best hockey player to grace the ice? I mean, cherry pick... I mean Chris Conner? I mean 8 SHG For goodness sake! That's enough to win it outright!

I'm sure Lessard will be among the final 3. Just the same as at least one Hockey East player. Whoever it is, I'm sure he'll win it because eastern HB winners give more publicity than someone from some school in the midwest none of the New Englanders have heard of. If it worked like the Heisman, then it would have to be Bochenski or Parise, as the Heisman goes to the QB on the best team in December (latelyanyways).

I think Zach will win it. But it is a long shot.

I suppose that it is improvident for the NCAA to name two Sioux in the group of three finalists.

The East needs their boy. Saviano will be he.

The storyline need its boy. Lessard will be he.

The best player in hockey needs its boy. Parise is he.

My daughter wears a Bochenski for Hobey hat, and in most years,

he would be deserving. Unfortunately, most years do not have a Zach

Parise.

After seeing the way Parise scored that goal against UAA today (we had the

pleasure of being just off the glass in that end), there is no doubt left in my mind.

Or in the minds of many. The effort even left a crowd of overweight Gopher fans near the Sioux bench shaking their heads.

To boot, Zach was roaming the upper decks of the X tonight alone, and with some team mates. I stopped him briefly to thank him for the blast the my family and I have had following Sioux hockey this year. He was more than gracious. Then, some boorish fat slob Gopher fan, a friend of mind, cuts in on our conversation. The fat guy didn't have a clue who Parise was because that is the way of many Gopher fans. Started giving Parise flak about how he knows me. Hilarious. Put an Old Milwaukee in the hands of many Gopher fans, and they think they know their game.

Zach is a class act. He later saw me slicing the throats, in reasoned debate, of three other Gopher fans in gravy-stained jerseys that were too small for their frame. Granted, these guys were little challenge. Parise just looked at me and smiled. Had I been in a situation that I could not have handled (not ever to happen when debating Gopher grasshoppers), he would have jumped in and given me all the help that I needed, in a courteous and friendly, yet firm, way.

These are the signs of a great hockey player. Work every shift. Great scorer. Great playmaker. Great leader. On and off the ice. Fan favorite. That is what they are looking for in Hobey Baker.

Zach will get the Hobey. Hands down. Anyone else will be a downright shame, no dis intended to Bo, who is a heck of a goal scorer, and who, some say, used to do a pretty good job with the Hamiltons as well.

Tomorrow night will be a war. It will probably be the best college hockey game for the remainder of the year, factoring in crowd, intensity, and disdain. I pretty much figured it out tonight. I hate the Gophers. Granted, they are largely non-factors. That said, I still hate the Gophers.