SiouxSports.com Forum

Tech at Sioux

sioux fan in phoenix

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to be nice to let all these other teams fight out tomorrow night to get to the final five. As much as I would like to see the Sioux have an easy path to the final five championship.... jeez does Blais have a high speed internet connection on the bench to get those scores so quckly. Was he even coaching our game? Anyway I really hope all the other top seeds win their games so it's a competitive weekend.

Brilliant OT by the Sioux. I think think the shots were something like 14-2.

Those moves by Lundbohm and then Stafford were beauty to watch. Glad to see the team found itself after a couple bad periods.

I felt bad for Ellsworth. He played a great game for Tech.

And, to top it all off....My Mom had a 10 second appearance on the jumbo-screen after the game. Great to see you there clapping, Mom! I miss those season tickets!

looks like we might get the gophers Friday night . I can`t wait. Are the gophers playing that good or is st. cloud that bad?

Provided that both Bucky & the Bulldogs win tomorrow.

If either (or both) lose, the Rodents will move up to at least a #3 seed. (assuming CC holds on to their 5 goal lead in the 3rd)

Way to go Sioux! Congrats to the guys on a great game! Great teams find a way to win, and the Sioux did just that! That's fantastic!

In another matter, I'm glad I looked on the sioux site this morning. I didn't get a chance to look at it last night, but saw the sports here in the cities, and I couldn't believe the score showed the sioux lost. I just had to look for myself to see how they lost the way they did. I was certainly glad to see the score was the other way around! Well, enough of that. The Sioux swept MTU, and now it's on to the WCHA final five!

I'm listening to the broadcast, and they are talking about Zach Parise, and the NHL.

I don't think he will be leaving UND anytime soon. Not only that, it sounds as if the strike in the NHL is going to happen whether we want it to or not. I hope it doesn't, because I like watching the NHL as well. However, I will take watching the Sioux over the NHL anyday!

Congrats again to the Sioux!!! :

looks like we might get the gophers Friday night . I can`t wait. Are the gophers playing that good or is st. cloud that bad?

STC hasn't won a game in a month. If you look at their season, they didn't win a game against a quality opponent since they beat the Sioux in November. Not to take anything away from the Goofs and how they thrashed them, but STC packed it in a long time ago.

Reseeding Question.

Since CC is probably gonna win, if duluth or wisc loses tomorrow then we play the afternoon game cuz the gophs would jump 2 seeds?

Otherwise, its the night game?

If the Rodents go into the Final Five as a #2 or #3 seed they will play at 7:00 p.m. Friday night & UND will play Friday at 2:00 p.m.. If they go in as a #4 they will play Thursday night and the #4/#5 winner will play UND Friday night.

I saw on Tri-City's page that Tom Pohl was listed on the roster. Johnny Pohl's little bro?

If it is I remember playing against him when he was in Red Wing (I'm from Farmington, for those of you who know where that is). I remember how "starstruck" some of our Tiger faithful were when John showed up for one of his brother's games in Farmington. I also remember how he acted when we beat them ;) .

Tom didn't quite have his brother's scoring touch, but this was back in 2000/01, so who knows where he's at now. Anybody have a read on him? Going to the gophers anytime soon?

If CC beats Denver then MN will be the #4 seed as long as UND, UMD, and WI win their series. Then MN will play CC on Thurs night. UND will play on Friday night becuase they will either be the #1 seed or because they will be playing MN. MN always gets the friday night game regardless of their seed because of $$. The only way we WON'T play on Friday night is if MN moves up to a #3 or #2 seed. That means either UMD or WI loses their playoff series. Otherwise we are guarenteed to be playing Friday night.

Random thoughts after the Saturday game:

It is a tremendous treat to watch a guy who plays EVERY SHIFT HARD. Thanks Zach. Simply the best.

Unfortunately, for 40 minutes, Parise stood out because he was going a lot harder than everyone else (both sides). Which triggered some line changes from Blais...

I was more than a little surprised to not see Colby Genoway in the lineup tonight. Did he get banged up? Otherwise, he gave a solid effort Friday.

Speaking of injured, Prpich didn't look 100% yet.

On the winning goal, did anyone else get visions of the 2001 NCAA final - the OT game winner? Stafford circles the d, dekes the goalie, flies across the goalmouth and slides it home. Great speed.

Unfortunately for Stafford, he didn't go hard every shift tonight. His step-slow backcheck (maybe lazy, hard to tell), gave a Tech attacker a wide-open look at the net, and he was forced to take the penalty which led to Tech's first goal. But Drew is a true talent, he made a handful of other nice plays.

Anybody else notice Zach fish the puck out of the net after the OT GWG and get it to Stafford?

In my opinion, the Sioux were lucky to win tonight, with a 30-minute solid effort. A more-talented team than Tech (say CC or MN) would have rung us up for 6-7 goals in the first 40 minutes. I can see how it would be hard to get up for Tech AGAIN after whoopin them 5 straight times, but really ...

We'll need more intensity next weekend at the X. And, I expect we'll see the intensity needed to win the Broadmoor.

Reseeding Question.

Since CC is probably gonna win, if duluth or wisc loses tomorrow then we play the afternoon game cuz the gophs would jump 2 seeds?

Otherwise, its the night game?

I thought last year was the end of the "Minnesota Rule" cause everyone else was raising such stink about it (not just UND, but other teams as well.) I realize that money runs the show, but shouldn't the #1 team (regardless of who they are) play the Fri night game.:(

Silly me, I'm such an idealist. I think the world should be fair, but then again if it was, Brady, Zach and Bo wouldn't be seeing chiros 3 times a day with bad backs for giving free piggy back rides all night on Fri and Sat nights. ;)

Farce:

THAT was my point earlier in this game. They did not come ready to play.

Luckily for us, a two goal lead was all Tech could muster, because they had several chances to widen the gap by 1 or 2 more before the Sioux "flipped the switch" in the 3rd.

Speaking of "Flipping the switch," does anyone else get the feeling this team can turn up their game two or three notches on a dime? Wow. That overtime period was absolutely dominant.

Now, I only hope they have the full commitment from all 20+ players for the rest of the dance. If so, I'll see some of you in Boston!

Go Sioux.

I thought last year was the end of the "Minnesota Rule" cause everyone else was raising such stink about it (not just UND, but other teams as well.) I realize that money runs the show, but shouldn't the #1 team (regardless of who they are) play the Fri night game.:(

Silly me, I'm such an idealist. I think the world should be fair, but then again if it was, Brady, Zach and Bo wouldn't be seeing chiros 3 times a day with bad backs for giving free piggy back rides all night on Fri and Sat nights. ;)

One could argue that giving UND the afternoon game is the fair thing. Considering that playing the winner of the play-in game coming off of only about 15 hours rest should be the reward for earning the top seed.

Farce, Love your postgame comments as a general rule. To answer a few questions, Genoway tweaked his groin (sounds dirty), but they made it sound minor, as though they were holding him out as a precaution.

TH and Blais (I think) commented on the similarity to Kolanos's goal, so, yes, a few very important people had visions of the play you mentioned.

I believe the lapse in effort tonight was just simply human nature taking over. You can talk about being intense all you want, but five consecutive butt-kickings will eventually make you think a little too highly of yourself. I'm glad they had to go through what they did tonight. A nice wake-up call, without having to suffer through the doubt-inspiring pain of a loss. It gives the coaches a little ammo for this week's work as well.

Interesting that they would replace a scoring forward with a checking forward.

If Prpich was out, my logic is that I'd replace him with Canady. If Genoway went down, I would have replaced his slot with Massen.

Since I'm not Blais, what I just said was hooey, but still, hopefully there may be SOME logic to it.