SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Fargo

The Sicatoka

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How'd the Center get so far along if it was a problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think what ruffled people the most at NDSU was how it was marketed, and not necessarily it's existence, but that's pure speculation on my part. IMO, I don't care if UND has a distance education center in Fargo, but I don't think they should offer a classroom curricula in courses that NDSU has.

I never saw any of UND's advertising, so I can't answer that question. However, it does appear there could have been better communication between the two universities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe Chuck and Chappy should be posting to the Forum's chat board. It looks like Potts bases his decisions on what he sees there. ;)

I'll go further: To suggest that all of Fargo (by far the state's largest city) is exclusively NDSU's territory is complete and total BS. For Chapman to say that this was a decision that was in the best interests of North Dakota shows what a two-faced, mealy-mouthed crap sack he is. The principle reason UND is looking to expand into Fargo is because THAT'S WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE (especially part-time students), not to put the King-of-Hubris' (Chapman) nose out of joint. A tragic mistake was made when the state decided to create the Ag College in the first place. UND at that time should have become the land-grant institution in the state (like UW); if so, then we wouldn't have this nonsense about program duplication being discussed.

Explain why this should be embarrassing for UND and not for NDSU?!?!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'SU has no self-respect. Never has, never will.

I think it's telling that Potts gets his "information" from chat boards. Maybe his sorry ass should stop here.

Fear the VFSC! :huh:;)

You guys should send Chancellor Potts (or his "sorry ass") the address to this forum so he can read your thoughts. Better yet, write a letter to the editor calling Chapman a "scum bag" and "crap sack" and sign your names to it.

However, you'd be better served by reading this.

How'd the Center get so far along if it was a problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is a VERY GOOD SERIOUS QUESTION, I wish Potts would answer.

But we all know it was because the forum ran a story and he based his decision on a message board.

UND: Open it in West Fargo or Moorhead.

You guys should send Chancellor Potts (or his "sorry ass") the address to this forum so he can read your thoughts. Better yet, write a letter to the editor calling Chapman a "scum bag" and "crap sack" and sign your names to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not wander back to your own pasture, and enjoy the evening with a gallon of Prestone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look out, tony, it's a long fall from that high horse of yours.

I never saw any of UND's advertising, so I can't answer that question. However, it does appear there could have been better communication between the two universities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would the (so-called by themselves - ndsu) Flagship University of ND be worried about a "small-time college" like UND?? (also so-called by them) - man, if I was head of security at Moorhead or Concordia - i'd start looking for bombs around campus to prevent ANY competition at all! It's also very comforting our new chancellor is consulting sources like the IN-FORUM CHATROOM :huh:??? to take the public pulse on an issue ;) It's a juvenile pissing match that the big babies at ndsu seem to have won - hooooray! who will dare to challenge them now?? I'm going to torch the NDSU extension office in GF now.... :)

First, eliminate competition. (But I thought competition is good.)

Then, admit that you really wanted what they already had provided to the community (and already had the resources for).

NDSU also has considered a south Fargo campus ... to offer convenient night classes, said Craig Schnell, vice president for academic affairs.

"We're trying to reach out to the community, and it's just a matter of resources," he said.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm...04&section=News

No spin, just the facts. As hard as you were on me last week, I think I can finally call a spade a spade (hint: you're the spade).

Fact 1. State law requires that the State Board of Higher Education regulate the creation of all new centers of higher learning.

Fact 2. UND/Kupchella created "UND-Fargo" without permission.

I don't know why the Herald brings Chapman's comments about this issue and the UNRELATED doctorate in education up. Isn't their something in psychology called deflection?

At least this tripe was designated an editorial.

If the Herald wanted a decent story how about:

Good President/Bad President

Chapman followed the rules in establishing the doctoral program in education, though he faced tough and legitimate competition. Kupchella, out of the blue, announces the creation of UND-Fargo knowing (I hope) that he'd never get permission from Bismarck (mainly since it was a pr stunt), thus breaking the rules!?!

Fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obviously, there is no law school at NDSU. Maybe UND should set up a branch there. ScottM might agree to be be the dean if you asked him nicely. ???

A UND legal expert will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that NDUS policies and procedures are considered state law. The laws of the state law are passed by the legislature and are found in the North Dakota Century Code.

In any event, there is nothing in the procedure you cited requiring the State Board of Higher Education to "regulate the creation of all new centers of high learning." Even if such a law exists, I seriously doubt that UND extending its services to the citizens of Fargo is the same as creating a new center of higher learning.

If UND had violated state law in creating UND-Fargo, I would have expected the North Dakota attorney general to be involved. And I'm sure the the Forum's story would have mentioned such a violation because that would have been a much more serious matter.

Edited by PCM