SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Fargo

The Sicatoka

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're obviously no lawyer, though neither am I.

The difference is that I'm not the one calling NDUS policies and procedures "state law," nor am I the one accusing UND of "violating state law." I'm also not the one misinterpreting a NDUS policy.

I just did a Google search and read all the news stories and editorials I could find dealing with the UND-Fargo issue. There's not a single mention anywhere of UND violating state law or the NDSU policy to "create, discontinue or name a school, college, center or institute."

Why is that? Could it be that this alleged violation of state law occurred only in your mind and nowhere else?

I assume someone has the NDSBoHE meeting minutes approving NDSU Downtown seeing how it is a new center and "Board approval is required to create, discontinue or name a school, college, center or institute."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to mention that planned expansion to the south end of Fargo, if Chaps gets his way and "reaches out to the community".

It'll be interesting to see all of the chits and favors that get called in during the next legislative sesssion. ???

The difference is that I'm not the one calling NDUS policies and procedures "state law," nor am I the one accusing UND of "violating state law." I'm also not the one misinterpreting a NDUS policy.

I just did a Google search and read all the news stories and editorials I could find dealing with the UND-Fargo issue. There's not a single mention anywhere of UND violating state law or the NDSU policy to "create, discontinue or name a school, college, center or institute."

Why is that? Could it be that this alleged violation of state law occurred only in your mind and nowhere else?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you read my two links?

Feel free to claim ignorance, but it's a pretty poor excuse when one is spoon fed the information.

When did I refer to any article? I definitely won't be citing an editorial. I went straight to the source.

Here, I'll spell a word wrong so you guys have something other than the topic at hand to post about: ignoramous.

Did you read my two links? 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.

When did I refer to any article?  I definitely won't be citing an editorial.  I went straight to the source.

Apparently it's time to type slowly again. I'll try using short sentences, too.

Had UND been in violation of state law, it would have been big news.

None of the news accounts or editorials related to UND-Fargo make any mention of what you allege.

Chapman didn't claim it. Potts didn't say anything about it in his letter.

Why do you suppose that is?

The ND SBoHE has statutory authority, meaning their power is derived by statute from the State of ND.

http://www.state.nd.us/lr/cencode/t15c10.pdf

However, their policies are just that, policies, not state law. State law is only made by the Legislative process and recorded in the ND Century Code.

http://www.state.nd.us/lr/information/stat.../cent-code.html

• 4 months later...