SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher Perms?

NorthDakotaHockey

What's wrong with the Gopher players getting perms? I get a perm about once every 12 to 18 months. I have the old-school Bon Jovi look. Are you making fun of them because they're Gopher players getting perms, or are you making fun of them because they're getting perms?

BOTH...it's 2004 dude! Bon Jovi is french for "good jovi" and we all know how popular the french are. May I suggest a mullet?

Ironically, it's the guys who actually do sport the Mike Ditka cut who I suspect are feeling inadequate. Do they really think a butch-looking hairstyle will somehow make them more manly??? Any guy who has the balls to wear his hair long and/or get it permed is more than secure with his masculinity. He has to be to shrug off the sexist comments that his hairstyle somehow makes him less of a man. Does anybody remember the curly shoulder-length locks sported by our very own Tony Hrkac???

let me try this again.....IT'S 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure which is tougher to walk around campus this week with:

- the perm

- getting swept at DU

- having home ice go into jeopardy

By golly, I think the Gophers have a trifecta! :p

Just imagine what that locker room looked like after the game. You are sitting there on the bench with your head down after being swept by Denver and as you look across the room all you see are a bunch of men with perms. Not only do you have a perm and look ridiculous but you also just got swept!! Those have to be some low and dark times.

As evidenced by this weekend, the perms must go.

The solution for the Disciples of Goldie is clear: straight razor ---> clean, hairless scalp.

PS - That includes the coaches. :lol:

PPS - Now watch. That'll work for them and it'll be all my fault. :p

In an effort to create additional team unity. The Gopher players are going to a Mary Kay home party tonight for a team pedicure. From what I hear, the coaches will be invited also. Has anyone else heard anything about this? :p

In an effort to create additional team unity. The Gopher players are going to a Mary Kay home party tonight for a team pedicure. From what I hear, the coaches will be invited also. Has anyone else heard anything about this? :p

I heard that since they aren't going to win any hardware, they are going to have a tupperware party. :lol:

Ironically, it's the guys who actually do sport the Mike Ditka cut who I suspect are feeling inadequate. Do they really think a butch-looking hairstyle will somehow make them more manly??? Any guy who has the balls to wear his hair long and/or get it permed is more than secure with his masculinity. He has to be to shrug off the sexist comments that his hairstyle somehow makes him less of a man. Does anybody remember the curly shoulder-length locks sported by our very own Tony Hrkac???

A paragraph response defending long hair. Am I on the wrong message board?

I'm not sure which is tougher to walk around campus this week with:

- the perm

- getting swept at DU

- having home ice go into jeopardy

I think Sherlock would deduce that having a perm naturally leads to the other consequences.

I nominate this thread as being the funniest of the year; with a close 2nd going to the Mapletoft one.

Yeah... the perms may not be the best idea the boys have had.

How about just playing better and not worrying about what hairstyle should be sported?

What a concept!

Although... Matt Koalska - a.k.a. Fluffy around my house - is rather fetching all dolled up with his curly golden locks. :p