SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Weber

SWSiouxMN

1 minute ago, Siouxphan27 said:

the way it started out we could've folded early, so I guess gotta give some credit for keeping on battling and making a couple runs at them.

Can't disagree with that, still it would have been nice to make that stronger run.  Learn from it and try again on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Kab said:

We need some bigs with muscle

shanks costs us too many points 

geno. Needs to mature too much playground 

those are my thoughts as well.  our bigs are slower and/or get pushed around constantly.  can't remember that last time I saw a powerful postup move and score from our bigs.   Geno is so athletic but it all gets cancelled out with his out of control drives and turnovers.

10 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Being he suddenly didn't play anymore after semester break, tells me there is a academic/eligibility issue.  Could be wrong, we'll see soon.  

I'm wondering if you are onto something.  Grades came out on December 22nd, played against KSU and hasn't since. We would have found out about an injury by now wouldn't have we?

2 things:

1. Eversports is crap, I wished the BSC didn't move to them. Football was bad enough now basketball. Hopefully they will get that crap straighten out quickly.

2. Bolomboy is a beast, I wouldn't doubt we will see him in the pros or at least at the next level, we would've had a good chance at an upset if he was contained. Good try, Weber is tough and we can hope they falter down the road.

It was frustrating watching the defense not account for Bolomboy.  The 2-3 zone should have made it harder for him to get the ball (too many times he got the ball in space), and box him out (I don't know how often he rebounded the ball when there were three UND players around, but too often he didn't have a body on him). 

And overall the team needs better shot selection.