SiouxSports.com Forum

Skyline Sports — UND

Colter_Nuanez

I like reading his stuff.  You just have to take everything he says with a grain of salt.  I think Montana State will finish 4 or 5 in the league this year because they have no defense.

is this a tacit prediction of a UND victory over msu ?

is this a tacit prediction of a UND victory over msu ?

Montana State's defense is horrendous. If UND's defense can play against MSU like they did last season in Bozeman, UND will be fine. In fact, because UND is hosting this season's game in the Alerus Center, I would say UND could perhaps play even better defensively against the kitties of Bozeman. 

Montana State's defense is horrendous. If UND's defense can play against MSU like they did last season in Bozeman, UND will be fine. In fact, because UND is hosting this season's game in the Alerus Center, I would say UND could perhaps play even better defensively against the kitties of Bozeman. 

absolutely.  barring injuries and who will be available on defense for that game.  Yes UND beats MSU.  I think the conference title comes down to Montana, EWU and UND.  Most likely will be a Co-Champion.

I like reading his stuff.  You just have to take everything he says with a grain of salt.  I think Montana State will finish 4 or 5 in the league this year because they have no defense.

I also agree with this. Montana State is reeling and in real trouble. The Bobcats, as of now at least, look like the league's most overrated team. 

Also, after Saturday's win, I would say UND has the undisputable best defense in the Big Sky at this point in the season. 

Montana State's defense is among the worst I've ever seen. MSU has given up 26 plays of more than 32 yards in the last three weeks and that's with allowing just two against Cal Poly. EWU had 16 plays of more than 29 yards and NAU had 7 yesterday. MSU can't cover anyone and can't tackle either. 

A few striking stats from my most recent Sunday Notebook:

Montana State is giving up 36.5 points and 464 yards per game this season, including 44 points and 526.3 yards per game against Division I opponents. Against Eastern Washington, Cal Poly and NAU, MSU is allowing 287.3 rushing yards per game and 6.1 yards per carry. MSU is also dead last in the Big Sky with a passer efficiency defense rating of 219.1. 

Edited by Colter_Nuanez
  • Upvote 1

I also agree with this. Montana State is reeling and in real trouble. The Bobcats, as of now at least, look like the league's most overrated team. 

Also, after Saturday's win, I would say UND has the undisputable best defense in the Big Sky at this point in the season. 

Montana State's defense is among the worst I've ever seen. MSU has given up 26 plays of more than 32 yards in the last three weeks and that's with allowing just two against Cal Poly. EWU had 16 plays of more than 29 yards and NAU had 7 yesterday. MSU can't cover anyone and can't tackle either. 

A few striking stats from my most recent Sunday Notebook:

Montana State is giving up 36.5 points and 464 yards per game this season, including 44 points and 526.3 yards per game against Division I opponents. Against Eastern Washington, Cal Poly and NAU, MSU is allowing 287.3 rushing yards per game and 6.1 yards per carry. MSU is also dead last in the Big Sky with a passer efficiency defense rating of 219.1. 

No Idaho State is the most over rated.  I do think MSU has 3 more loses this season.

Let's all slow our roll a little bit.  The big boys of the league are coming up and we just lost two of our best defensive players for an unknown amount of time.  MSU has finished ahead of us every year and is very dangerous.  We need all hands on deck to stay with them.

Edited by UND1983

Let's all slow our roll a little bit.  The big boys of the league are coming up and we just lost two of our best defensive players for an unknown amount of time.  MSU has finished ahead of us every year and is very dangerous.  We need all hands on deck to stay with them.

Next man up mentality. Most, if not all, of the kids who got banged up against Portland State will not be playing on Saturday vs. Idaho State.

Depth and tough, gritty play will be key on Saturday. UND's running game needs to perform big against the porous run defense of Idaho State. 

Next man up mentality. Most, if not all, of the kids who got banged up against Portland State will not be playing on Saturday vs. Idaho State.

Depth and tough, gritty play will be key on Saturday. UND's running game needs to perform big against the porous run defense of Idaho State. 

This should make for an interesting Saturday.  Saturday may be the day the offense has to carry the load.  Also need a good crowd for Homecoming to make some noise and help out the defense.  

• Upvote 1

Jahn, Kidder, Taubenheim named Big Sky Players of the Week
http://skylinesportsmt.com/first-week-october-pow/

UND breaks into the FCS top 25 in both polls

http://skylinesportsmt.com/und-breaks-into-top-25-ewu-um-move-up-while-msu-psu-fall/

I will have UND senior linebacker Will Ratelle as one of my guest on the Big Sky Breakdown podcast this week. I'll be sure to post. 

Edited by Colter_Nuanez
  • Upvote 2

http://skylinesportsmt.com/und-breaks-into-top-25-ewu-um-move-up-while-msu-psu-fall/

I will have UND senior linebacker Will Ratelle as one of my guest on the Big Sky Breakdown podcast this week. I'll be sure to post. 

Thanks Colter!  Looking forward to the podcast.

Looks like you still have last week's STATS poll in that write-up.