SiouxSports.com Forum

FSU quarterback punches female student

cberkas

Not excusing the QB's actions at all as what he did was very wrong and he should have just walked away but did the woman face any punishment in this? It looks to me like she plays a big part in it by threatening to punch Johnson first and then kneeing him in the groin area and punching him when he tries to restrain her. I also see Johnson's lawyer has come out and said the woman provoked Johnson with racial comments as well. I would think Johnson will get another chance probably spend a year at a JUCO and if he plays well many teams will probably be after him again. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13215817/deandre-johnson-was-provoked-woman-racial-remarks-lawyer-says

Not excusing the QB's actions at all as what he did was very wrong and he should have just walked away but did the woman face any punishment in this? It looks to me like she plays a big part in it by threatening to punch Johnson first and then kneeing him in the groin area and punching him when he tries to restrain her. I also see Johnson's lawyer has come out and said the woman provoked Johnson with racial comments as well. I would think Johnson will get another chance probably spend a year at a JUCO and if he plays well many teams will probably be after him again. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13215817/deandre-johnson-was-provoked-woman-racial-remarks-lawyer-says

The District Attorney has already stated that the woman will not face any charges. He stated that she was acting in self defense, that Johnson was the original aggressor and he started the chain of events.

He will have to be very talented to get a second chance under the current conditions. Most teams do not want to deal with someone that has physically assaulted a woman for fear of the public backlash.

The District Attorney has already stated that the woman will not face any charges. He stated that she was acting in self defense, that Johnson was the original aggressor and he started the chain of events.

He will have to be very talented to get a second chance under the current conditions. Most teams do not want to deal with someone that has physically assaulted a woman for fear of the public backlash.

That district attorney needs to watch the video. Based on what we could see, she was definitely the original aggressor.

That district attorney needs to watch the video. Based on what we could see, she was definitely the original aggressor.

I would be willing to bet he has seen the video, has talked to others involved, and knows more about the case than rubes that have watched the video on the interwebs. The start of the video probably isn't where the incident started.
  • Upvote 1

Completely agree, it still isn't an excuse for what he did and he shouldn't have ever reacted that way but I do think she should also face some sort of penalty for her actions. 

I would be very surprised if he doesn't end up playing at a JUCO somewhere this fall and if he plays well and stays out of trouble there somebody will give him a 2nd chance.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't end up playing at a JUCO somewhere this fall and if he plays well and stays out of trouble there somebody will give him a 2nd chance.

He'll play somewhere if he is any good I agree.

I heard the president of FSU talked to the team yesterday about how it's a privilege to play there, not a right.

I suspect the team wondered why FSU had the second most important guy on campus talk to them. Jimbo had already addressed the team over the weekend.  

• 1 month later...