SiouxSports.com Forum

Expectations For Next Year

geaux_sioux

We don't have a good shot at Mathews

He likes to win big games

So by process of elimination then he must be either going to BC or the CHL by your reasoning since BU, Denver, Wisconsin and UND don't win big games. Maybe Providence has been added to his list?

I would guess Eichel would be more like <0.5% likely to stay.

I don't think I would be so quick to automatically send Matthews to BU either.  They will lose a ton next year.  They only have 3 seniors but Hohmann and Rodrigues had over 90 pts combined last year.  Their stud goalie in O'Connor also already has one foot out the door and has already been in contact with NHL teams.  Behind him they will have a sophomore who only started 6 games for them last year (not sure how good he is but his stats look pretty average and he will have big shoes to fill).  They also have several juniors who could easily jump to the next level after big years this past season in O'Regan (5th round, SJ),  Oksanen (FA) and Grzelcyk (3rd round, BOS).  So they are basically losing their entire first line, their goalie and they could potentially lose any of their next 3 best remaining skaters (points wise).  That would be hard for any team to replace much and they weren't an especially deep team last year either.

Grzelcyk has said he will return next season.

One think that I think every team needs is a go to goal scorer.  If Matthews comes here, he may be the best pure, top end goal scorer we have had probably since Parise!!  God I hope he deicides to come here!! 

We'd have the best incoming freshman class by far in the NCAAs.

Is Matthews a for sure 1 and done player? From what it sounds like he is but I'd take him =)

You said the coach had a good game plan.  I'd like you to tell me what it was, since I couldn't watch the game.

Simple question

gfhockey, thank you for confirming what we all know.   You have no idea what you're talking about, and just say things to rile people up.  You won't answer the simplest question, which should have been easy being you represented that you had the knowledge.

• Upvote 2