SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-9) @ PSU (6-7)

SWSiouxMN

I was unable to watch the game last night.  I see that Shanks only played 14 minutes (and didn't score).  He didn't get hurt, did he?  And Cashman only played 2 minutes.  Zero points from the post is not good!  I realize that Shields had a nice game but he wasn't truly playing the 5, was he? 

I was unable to watch the game last night. I see that Shanks only played 14 minutes (and didn't score). He didn't get hurt, did he? And Cashman only played 2 minutes. Zero points from the post is not good! I realize that Shields had a nice game but he wasn't truly playing the 5, was he?

Shields was playing the 5 a lot. I think it was a matchup thing. Nash and Shields played the 4 and 5 most of the night.

I was unable to watch the game last night.  I see that Shanks only played 14 minutes (and didn't score).  He didn't get hurt, did he?  And Cashman only played 2 minutes.  Zero points from the post is not good!  I realize that Shields had a nice game but he wasn't truly playing the 5, was he?

Uh, is it just me or is Shanks been a bit of a disappearing act in the last few weeks? He sat out a year and he's just a freshman, I get it. He seemed to start well last month considering he sat out a year but lately it seems more regression instead of progressing (relatively small sample size I realize). I do like his shooting touch but I've seen him miss some fairly easy shots. I checked and in Min med size HS level (I believe?) at 7 ft (or near) he averaged just 12 pts his senior year I believe. Seems like a 7 footer in Min in HS should score more than that just by accident. I'll be patient though as short time I realize he's played in college and 7ft is 7 ft.

Uh, is it just me or is Shanks been a bit of a disappearing act in the last few weeks? He sat out a year and he's just a freshman, I get it. He seemed to start well last month considering he sat out a year but lately it seems more regression instead of progressing (relatively small sample size I realize). I do like his shooting touch but I've seen him miss some fairly easy shots. I checked and in Min med size HS level (I believe?) at 7 ft (or near) he averaged just 12 pts his senior year I believe. Seems like a 7 footer in Min in HS should score more than that just by accident. I'll be patient though as short time I realize he's played in college and 7ft is 7 ft.

Prior Lake one of bigger schools in Twin Cities. Play in one of the best big school conferences in TC. Conference produces handful of D1 players each year. Same conference as Apple Valley which produced Tyus Jones. JP Macura at Xavier. Joey King at Mn. To name a few.

Prior Lake one of bigger schools in Twin Cities. Play in one of the best big school conferences in TC. Conference produces handful of D1 players each year. Same conference as Apple Valley which produced Tyus Jones. JP Macura at Xavier. Joey King at Mn. To name a few.

Thx, I stand corrected (I know of Apple Valley and T. Jones). Hopefully Shanks continues to develop.