SiouxSports.com Forum

Steve Hallstrom's opinion

Corella

[ The players and the fans have a weird pseduo-elitist attitude because they play/watch a sport which requires the non-natural skill of skating.

Not sure what you mean by the "non-natural skill of skating". As opposed to the natural skill of running and blocking? No offense to football players who I have a lot of respect for, but it takes more "skill" to skate like these guys do that it does to run up and down a football field. I trust even you Bison1234 could strap on a pair of cleats and clod around a football field. I also suspect that we would hear your ankles snap like a couple of chicken bones if you laced up a pair of skates.

P.S. You must be a math major. You're the first Bison fan I've met that can count all the way to four. Also, I can't wait to see the Bison playing in March Madness next April. :D:p:lol:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a new rivalry with SDSU...it was always better than UND anyway...we just looked in the wrong direction. Shoulda looked south a LONG time ago.

So what's stopping you looking south now...nothing new for you to be looking down anyway! go on...suck up to the jack*ffs...see how far you get...nothing like you ever had with us! BYE BYE SUCKERS!!!! (sniff...wiping a tear...NOT!!!)

It's the fuel source powering the rest of the athletic department.

AND it's building us a new $8 million dollar Basketball and Volleyball center....not like slapping a couple new boards and a coat of paint on the "BENSON BUNKER FIELDHOUSE" - It looks more like ARCHIE Bunkers house from ALL in the Family! Yeah - a Real DI sports costs money but it can also make money - UNLIKE your Fb, BB and other sports DRAINING your coffers for MANY, MANY years to come. (I can hardly wait until NDSU comes to the Legislature begging for $$$ for it's DI "Image"...HHAAHHHH!!! - Go somewhere else for $$ suckers!) My suggestion is to try alumni since no grads of NDSU have ever coughed up SERIOUS $$$ for "THE" ND state university....

SiouxMeNow,

Please research before posting on the financial status of UND or NDSU's athletic programs. Granted, NDSU's athletic expenses last year were $113,000 more than revenues, but UND's expenses were $391,000 more than revenues. Looks like hockey might not be the financial machine everyone here thinks it is. :D

SOURCE

(click on the school, then on the 'Revenues and Expenses' link on that page)

Seeing as many heavyweights weigh around 200 lbs, how big are these welter and flyweights you are speaking of? ???

I didn't want to have to say, "Put on as much extra weight as Diggler carries around" so I just pulled a number out of the clear blue sky. :)

PS - I'm worried about you if you know boxing weight class numbers. :(

bisonguy,

If things are so good in the Bison Athletics books, why did NDSU

- ask the City of Fargo to foot the up-front bill for new lockers and offices for NDSU football in the FargoDome, and

- ask the ND Legislature for $15,000,000.00 for renovations of the Bison Sports Arena?

bisonguy,

- ask the City of Fargo to foot the up-front bill for new lockers and offices for NDSU football in the FargoDome, and

- ask the ND Legislature for $15,000,000.00 for renovations of the Bison Sports Arena?

The dome authority (more like the dome power trippers) insists on using public money for a public facility.

As for the BSA...i doubt even the great UND could fundraise $15 million in under a 100 years.

bisonguy,

1. the same reason UND asked for 13 million for an athletic complex....

2a "Fargodome subcommittee concluded the dome should pay for the proposed project after two hours of discussion Tuesday....This way, the dome will not give up ownership of the space, said Keith Bjerke, Dome Authority member and NDSU vice president for university relations....

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=47981

2b. Last week, the dome

Hallstrom is a putz. Who cares about his opinion on anything? I was listening to 970 radio the other night and came across Jack"I will agree with anything you say, that's a great point caller" Michaels and Hallstrom discusssing the atmosphere for basketball at the REA, and they start comparing it to Williams arena at the U of M...then Hallstrom says that his claim to fame is that he once dunked in Williams arena. :( Jack says that he knew that Steve had some hops and I am waiting for details of his high school team playing a game there or something and then Hallstrom provides the details of some friend of a friend letting them in at like 2 in the morning. ??? and him putting one home in the empty gym. What a dork, he probably used a mini tramp. :)

the same reason UND asked for 13 million for an athletic complex....

$13 MM? Who-what-where? I'll need a source on that one. The Ralph and The Betty are both "no state funds" projects.

As far as the FargoDome running black every year .... why does that matter in this context? That is a City of Fargo (not NDSU) owned complex that has a lease agreement with NDSU for land and usage. FargoDome's overall budget result is neither a positive nor negative for NDSU.

This issue is this: Why should the City of Fargo build locker rooms for NDSU when you state that NDSU could do it without them?

$13 MM? Who-what-where? I'll need a source on that one. The Ralph and The Betty are both "no state funds" projects.

As far as the FargoDome running black every year .... why does that matter in this context? That is a City of Fargo (not NDSU) owned complex that has a lease agreement with NDSU for land and usage. FargoDome's overall budget result is neither a positive nor negative for NDSU.

This issue is this: Why should the City of Fargo build locker rooms for NDSU when you state that NDSU could do it without them?

Capital Projects Recommendations

Hallstrom is a putz. Who cares about his opinion on anything? I was listening to 970 radio the other night and came across Jack"I will agree with anything you say, that's a great point caller" Michaels and Hallstrom discusssing the atmosphere for basketball at the REA, and they start comparing it to Williams arena at the U of M...then Hallstrom says that his claim to fame is that he once dunked in Williams arena. :0 Jack says that he knew that Steve had some hops and I am waiting for details of his high school team playing a game there or something and then Hallstrom provides the details of some friend of a friend letting them in at like 2 in the morning. :( and him putting one home in the empty gym. What a dork, he probably used a mini tramp. ???

You got that right petey. Those two are idiots. I can't believe anybody even listens to that drivel. How can it be exciting to listen to real insightful journalism about bissssson womens and mens hoops. Oh God hold me back! My ear is glued to the radio. :) Especially in a town full of UND alumni. Once last time......nobody cares about NDSU.

Especially in a town full of UND alumni. Once last time......nobody cares about NDSU.

Apparently, the city of Fargo as a whole did care about NDSU in 1990 and again in 1994 to tax themselves to allow the building of the FargoDome and Newman Field to be built on NDSU property.

I think there may some confusion here about how to interpret the budget report. According to the link somebison provided, both the UND and NDSU Capital Projects for athletic facility construction or improvements were to come from "special funds," which is defined as "monies derived from sources such as local governmental units, special funds, departmental collections and private contributors." ...

The state still has to approve the construction either way, of course, but obviously there's a huge difference between okaying a university building or renovating a facility using money it has raised itself, and asking the state to pay for it.

Good catch.

Apparently, the city of Fargo as a whole did care about NDSU in 1990 and again in 1994 to tax themselves to allow the building of the FargoDome and Newman Field to be built on NDSU property.

Yeah and since then they haven't done jack squat....except finish dead last in the NCC. Oh excuse me that was last year.

Yes, Fargo leased land from NDSU.

The City of Fargo owns each facility.

The budget of either is neither a plus or minus toward the NDSU Athletics' budget.

How'd we get here from Hallstrom? :)

I should probably point out that I deleted my post pending further research as to a couple of points. I believe I'm correct with regard to what it means for something to be funded by "special funds," though.

I believe your "special funds" definition is "textbook" (or right out of the link). :)

The reason these changes have to go to the Legislature, even if construction is funded "externally," is because the State has to pay for the long-term operations of them (heat, lights, etc.).

So the Fargodome has been open what, 10 years? And they already have to remodel the locker room? Didn't the Fargodome know from the beginning that NDSU fb would be there? Why not do it right the first time? Lockers I can understand, but the rest seems odd.