SiouxSports.com Forum

Steve Hallstrom's opinion

Corella

I lost all respect for the man when I watched the 10pm sports from tonight. He needs to go back to his co-starring role as Cornelius in Charlton Heston's Planet of the Apes and stay away from yellow journalism. To access select WDAY @ 10, then on the first viewing screen hit the next icon (to the left of the volume on the screen), and fast forward to about the 26 minute mark, maybe a bit sooner. He mentions how he is still waiting for a big schedule to be announced, questions Ferris St for football, and says the basketball schedules are the same as this years.

Hallstrom's rant

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly did he say that got you so upset?

The Sicatoka, not THAT's ad hominem. You won't even discuss what he said and instead went directly to attacking him as being a Bison fan outwardly but a UND fan under the desk.

I never heard Hallstrom. I've given up on WDAY-TV Sports.

I'm picking on Hallstrom because of his silly Friday night HS football jersey thing he did while I still did watch. I figured along the same lines he'd wear yellow and green during a pro-NDSU anything.

Sure it was ad hominem by me at Hallstrom. I'm pretty sure Hallstrom isn't, wasn't, and won't be here trying to explain his position.

Attacking ad hominem when attempting to directly communicate and discuss something, rather than actively debate and refute the contrary side, is wholely another matter (as you are well aware).

What exactly did he say that got you so upset?

The Sicatoka, not THAT's ad hominem. You won't even discuss what he said and instead went directly to attacking him as being a Bison fan outwardly but a UND fan under the desk.

watch the newscast and then you will see

The guy is classless and on top of it, not the best sports reporter either.

Can UND survive without NDSU? lol

I believe the two schools could play evenly for the next 2-3 years without NDSU having a huge advantage scholarship-wise.

After reading this again, I laughed when I read the above line. He obviously admits that NDSU would have a scholarship advantage, but we should still play them because this would still be even?

I lost all respect for the man when I watched the 10pm sports from tonight. He needs to go back to his co-starring role as Cornelius in Charlton Heston's Planet of the Apes and stay away from yellow journalism. To access select WDAY @ 10, then on the first viewing screen hit the next icon (to the left of the volume on the screen), and fast forward to about the 26 minute mark, maybe a bit sooner. He mentions how he is still waiting for a big schedule to be announced, questions Ferris St for football, and says the basketball schedules are the same as this years.

Hallstrom's rant

This is absolutly astounding journalism. I mean this is truley groundbreaking material. First and foremost Hallstrom is the worst sports announcer this area has ever seen oustid of Rob Meltzer. Two weeks ago when the Sioux and Gophers were battling it out, the #1 team in the country vs. the #5 team in the country with HUGE national implications riding on the weekend series and he leads off with highschool stuff. I mean UND hockey is the only D1 sport in the state and we can't even get local coverage in Fargo where there are thousands of UND alumni. WHat will UND do without the bisssson? Ah, hint, we never new they were there to begin with. They were just a bump in the road. The more serious question is where will the bissssson be without UND. NDSU wants to be, will always want to be, and will continue to want to be just like UND. Why? UND has tens times the facilties NDSU and UND gets more national exposure, period. Send Halstrom back to Minot or wherever the hell he is from. He's awful. What a loser.

After reading this again, I laughed when I read the above line. He obviously admits that NDSU would have a scholarship advantage, but we should still play them because this would still be even?

Apparently UND is supposed to keep playing NDSU until some hypothetical future time when UND starts to lose consistently and NDSU unilaterally determines that yes, the scholarship differential has officially taken effect. Then, and only then, would they consider it acceptable for UND to bow out from the series.

Apparently UND is supposed to keep playing NDSU until some hypothetical future time when UND starts to lose consistently and NDSU unilaterally determines that yes, the scholarship differential has officially taken effect. Then, and only then, would they consider it acceptable for UND to bow out from the series.

I had been looking for a way to articulate that same point, but you did it great. That is exactly what they would like.

Pardon me but I have to keep ranting here. So by his reasoning NDSU should play Oklahoma for the next three years. I mean this logic is mind boggling to me. NDSU bitches and complains for the last 10 years on how DII football is watered down when the fact is they didn't win jack squat in the time frame. And now they want to continue to play DII opponents. I love hipocrits. The best part of the whole deal is how much success they have had over the years in DII and now they are saying DII sucks. I love it. It's like a 5-year old mentality. I can't play or win by the rules so I'm leaving. Incredible.

You guys are mad that a pro-NDSU comentary was on *FARGO TV* ?!? LOL, talk about infatuation!

If you want pro-UND talk, then stick to the Grand Forks station.

It wasn't that it was pro-NDSU, it was that and anti-UND and took shots at Roger Thomas, UND basketball schedule, UND's agendas, the football schedule and Ferris St who he must have forgot that NDSU played 5 or so years ago. He went way past pro-NDSU, he is probably bitter that he will no longer be in the state spotlight calling UND-NDSU games where he bores viewers to death with his overusage of phrases and his attempts to sound so professional.

I can't imagine why Hockey would lead any Sports Broadcast. It might be

the only DI program in the state currently but its still a sport that the large majority of people don't give a sh** about and never will. The Hockey fanatic

which I know there are a lot of on this board just can't get it through your skull

that College Hockey appeals to a very small audience on the sports scene and yet you prance around like everyone should care about it and it should have all this

press!

I can't imagine why Hockey would lead any Sports Broadcast. It might be the only DI program in the state currently but its still a sport that the large majority of people don't give a sh** about and never will.

From one SDSU alum to another, I'd advise you not to write about what you obviously know nothing about.

Living in the Twin Cities near the National Champion Gophers and the NHL Wild I see all I care too.

Ah, so the problem is you don't like hockey and the sports broadcast priorities should cater to you.

If you're near the Twin Cities, you're going to see hockey lead the sports a lot of nights from October to April. Sorry.

PS - The NCAA only made money sponsoring two championship tournaments last year: DI mens basketball, DI mens ice hockey. Somebody's paying to watch hockey.