SiouxSports.com Forum

Steve Hallstrom's opinion

Corella

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KVLY has a vested interest in UND, as KFGO has the broadcast rights for UND. There goes the unbiased theory :lol: . Is there a CBS affiliate in Grand Forks, or is it KXJB out of Fargo? KXJB shares resources with KVLY, so they also have a vested interest in UND. KVLY is the biggest two-faced,fence-straddling media I have seen. They're too cheap to have a studio in GF, so they try to be the Red River valley news. FOX news would be the closest thing to an objective news program in Fargo.

This is the most assinine response I have ever heard for ANY post on this board and just proves what an IDIOT you are! let me take this point by point....

"KVLY has a vested interest in UND" -- BASED ON WHAT??? How many UND sports do they broadcast? (None) KFGO does have broadcast rights for UND sports but KVLY/KFGO DO NOT have any financial partnership. KFGO is owned by Clearchannel Communications - a national media conglomerate. KVLY is owned by a regional partnership called ND Television LLC. The relationship is completely cooperative based on promtional ties. KVLY promotes KFGO on tv and KFGO has 11 personalities on the radio to promote KVLY - nothing more.

"KVLY is the biggest fence straddling media i've seen" -- It's called OBJECTIVITY for a REGIONAL television station that covers both the Fargo and GF markets. NO they're not "too cheap" to have a "STUDIO" in GF...they have a Bureau in GF with reporters providing coverage from GF - not unlike WDAY uses WDAZ for material when it fits their fancy. KVLY provides coverage for the entire VALLEY - and I for one say thanks! I'm curious about what's going on around me - not just in the little ego-centric bubble I live in - maybe that's just me. If UND is playing a big hockey series against the U of M - THAT SHOULD BE THE LEAD! Not the Bison beating up on Jamestown in a non-conference game. That's why I like them...they recognize priorities and have them straight!

"FOX NEWS is the closest thing to an objective news program in FARGO" -- HHHAAAA!!! That's the biggest joke of all! First off - they can't cover CRAP (unless you're a convicted criminal who wants a jailhouse interview to explain "THEIR" side) - they're on TOO early to provide finals for most sports - they don't cover anything north of Fargo unless it's bad news - and Austin Shower and Kip Hines have some kind of weird love/hate vibe that plays like nails on a chalkboard....uugghhh!!

If you want to live in a little bubble where "everything BISON good - everything else BAD" - get Tony to start up the Bison Sports NETWORK!! (Hope you can get a cable channel like UND has in Fargo)

This is the most assinine response I have ever heard for ANY post on this board and just proves what an IDIOT you are! let me take this point by point....

"KVLY has a vested interest in UND" -- BASED ON WHAT??? How many UND sports do they broadcast? (None) KFGO does have broadcast rights for UND sports but KVLY/KFGO DO NOT have any financial partnership. KFGO is owned by Clearchannel Communications - a national media conglomerate. KVLY is owned by a regional partnership called ND Television LLC. The relationship is completely cooperative based on promtional ties. KVLY promotes KFGO on tv and KFGO has 11 personalities on the radio to promote KVLY - nothing more.

"KVLY is the biggest fence straddling media i've seen" -- It's called OBJECTIVITY for a REGIONAL television station that covers both the Fargo and GF markets. NO they're not "too cheap" to have a "STUDIO" in GF...they have a Bureau in GF with reporters providing coverage from GF - not unlike WDAY uses WDAZ for material when it fits their fancy. KVLY provides coverage for the entire VALLEY - and I for one say thanks! I'm curious about what's going on around me - not just in the little ego-centric bubble I live in - maybe that's just me. If UND is playing a big hockey series against the U of M - THAT SHOULD BE THE LEAD! Not the Bison beating up on Jamestown in a non-conference game. That's why I like them...they recognize priorities and have them straight!

"FOX NEWS is the closest thing to an objective news program in FARGO" -- HHHAAAA!!! That's the biggest joke of all! First off - they can't cover CRAP (unless you're a convicted criminal who wants a jailhouse interview to explain "THEIR" side) - they're on TOO early to provide finals for most sports - they don't cover anything north of Fargo unless it's bad news - and Austin Shower and Kip Hines have some kind of weird love/hate vibe that plays like nails on a chalkboard....uugghhh!!

If you want to live in a little bubble where "everything BISON good - everything else BAD" - get Tony to start up the Bison Sports NETWORK!! (Hope you can get a cable channel like UND has in Fargo)

That was the most asinine response I have ever heard. I guess the proof is in the spelling ;) .

KVLY promotes KFGO on tv and KFGO has 11 personalities on the radio to promote KVLY - nothing more. 
That would constitute a vested interest imo:

vested interest

n.

Law. A right or title, as to present or future possession of an estate, that can be conveyed to another.

A fixed right granted to an employee under a pension plan.

A special interest in protecting or promoting that which is to one's own personal advantage.

vested interests Those groups that seek to maintain or control an existing system or activity from which they derive private benefit.

KVLY is owned by a regional partnership called ND Television LLC.

Technically, it's Wicks Television, LLC -http://www.wicksgroup.com/portfolio/television.html

It's called OBJECTIVITY for a REGIONAL television station that covers both the Fargo and GF markets......I'm curious about what's going on around me - not just in the little ego-centric bubble I live in - maybe that's just me. 
KVLY will take one stance when it suits their needs, and then hop on the other side of the fence at a later time. They are the Ed Schultz of TV. They have no integrity. Whatever the viewer wants to hear, that's what they report.

Great, I bet you watch all the local newscasts in the tri-state region. I want to know what's going on in the little ego-centric bubble when I watch the local news. If I want to know what's going on in other areas, I will watch the national news or check it out on the internet.

If UND is playing a big hockey series against the U of M - THAT SHOULD BE THE LEAD!

Yes, in Grand Forks and Minneapolis.

(Hope you can get a cable channel like UND has in Fargo)

I hope we don't. There's no money in cable access, and ticket sales would suffer, as proven by UND.

Sorry, we live in reality.

Fargo sports are the lead on Fargo TV.

Keep it that way. Nobody is interested in wrestling and bisssson hoops. Well maybe bisssson dik.... I mean womens hoops. Their ratings will continue to tumble as they have the last 10 years. What a coincidnece. As soon as the bissssson started to lose.

At his best, Hallstrom is smarmy, patronizing and condescending in regards to game reporting. At his worst(when he wanders from reportage to the realm of opinion ie: "upon further review" segment), he becomes angry, bitter and blaming. He can also become passive/aggressive(tony's favorite personality disorder), in references to The University of North Dakota. I will refer to forum communications role in the Myron Allen story. Forum communications is nothing more than a sports information disemination department of ndac. Of course the above is just my opinion, which is being safely guarded by Stacy Anderson, WDAY's head cameraman.

Keep it that way. Nobody is interested in wrestling and bisssson hoops. Well maybe bisssson dik.... I mean womens hoops. Their ratings will continue to tumble as they have the last 10 years. What a coincidnece. As soon as the bissssson started to lose.

What does bashing someone because of their sexual preference have to do with this topic?

It's no secret that UND proudly supports hate against homosexuals and other non-white people.

And I thought you couldn't get any more ridiculous, that is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Grow up and get a life, there is no need at all for something that dumb to be posted let alone enter a rational persons thoughts.

It's no secret that UND proudly supports hate against homosexuals and other non-white people.

Looks like whatever that was keeping Bisonfan1234 somewhat calm lately has warn off again. He is trash-talking and being hateful, without any evidence to back it up. Time for Igor to take his medicine!! :lol:;)

Igor!!!!

feldman.jpg

What are UND's demographics this year? Like 99.992% white?

UND

3.1% American Indian

.8% African American

1.2% Asian descent

1.0% Hispanic

3.6% non-resident alien (foreign)

2.1% not reported

88.2% white

NDSU

1.02% American Indian

1.31% African American

1.19% Asian descent

0.54% Hispanic

4.6% non-resident alien (foreign)

1.95% not reported

89.38% white

Well, UND has a higher minority student population then NDSU. Perhaps we should assume that NDSU is the university of minority hatred, but no one is dumb enough to think that is the case. There goes your idiotic theory. Now take your moronic ideas with you and leave.

Perhaps we should assume that NDSU is the university of minority hatred, but no one is dumb enough to think that is the case.  .......

SiouxMeNow Posted: Feb 19 2004, 12:31 AM 

i think, considering your point of "view"...that's "ax some questions"... 

I think this person is a UND fan. If a NDSU fan had said this you would have been all over him. Only one person, CRR acknowledged this post.

Why was Kupchella getting letters from visiting fans?

Those were only from UNA fans that said anything about racism.

And since NDSU has made racist remarks towards UND's (and other schools) .008% minorities (figure according to Bison1234), what does that say about your fans?

Native Americans are indeed considered a racial minority.....Geez....This is about the stupidest thread I have read all week.

Do you know what the word foreign means?

Indians are a minority yes...but they were always here. Asians, Africans, and Latins are the real minorities that i was referring to.

Do you know what the word foreign means?

Indians are a minority yes...but they were always here. Asians, Africans, and Latins are the real minorities that i was referring to.

Nothing previous to this mentioned foreigners. YOU mentioned UND's demographics being mostly white. Native Americans are non whites, and therefore, are a minority.

In fifteen years white people will be a minority to hispanics.