SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. Denver - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

The refs tonight were #13 Krebsbach (1st year at college level-NCHC) and # 17 Walsh (9 years experience ? NCHC time).

Tim Walsh is by far one of the worst refs in college hockey. This man should fired from reffing. He's not worthy of reffing a pee wee game. 

Really thought we were pretty sloppy for most of the game but still should have came away with the win if the refs had any clue at all. One of the tougher games Zane has had in a while hopefully he can bounce back next weekend. Don't get the decision to go with LJ in the shootout especially after he had a good chance to win it in OT and couldn't get the puck on his stick. So many horrible calls by the refs including 2 easy missed Siouc goals this weekend but the most obvious decision they missed was to not kick out Moore for the dirty hit. It was an easy call with the puck nowhere no Caggiula and they let him stay in the game and he ends up with 2 goals and a shootout goal as well. The NCHC needs to wake up and fine or suspend these refs that cost us 2 points this weekend. At least come NCAA tourney time we will finally get away from this years horrible NCHC officials.

Yea, nothing will ever happen to the refs, the NC$$, and the NCHC head of officials don adams obviously doesnt give a sh@t

This is a dirty hit. Trevor Moore Clips Drake Caggiula 

Dirty for sure, and it demonstrates to me how the game of college hockey is changing with respect to the 'no fighting' regulations.  Ten years ago, one of the Sioux players would have taken Mr. Moore into the boards on his next shift and fattened his lip considerably.  Twenty years ago it could have cost him a tooth.  Clearly the ref's have lost sight of why it is important to eject such a player from the game...not only a recognition of his unsportsmanlike actions, but also to protect him from retribution.  I have to say that I'm a bit surprised that one of our players didn't step up and give Moore 'what fer'.  I think the ref's can thank their lucky stars that didn't happen because it would have been on them.  

Bottom line......the #2 team in the country should never puke away a 2 goal lead at home...not once but twice...and not going into the 3rd.

solution-play the so called 4th line more, the puck always seem to be in the opponents zone when their on the ice. They also scored a goal that went in and didn't count on the shift right after Denver scored to make it a 1 goal game. Would have given the team another chance to protect another 2 goal game.

The 3rd last night was brutal.

Lately opponents have taken lots of shots at Zane from bad angles, probably because of his letting some of those in in previous games, but he seemed to have cleaned that up. Denver attempted very few of those shots all weekend until that one went in.

Always amazed by "intent to blow the whistle" claims. From the video, the ref's whistle hand appears clearly at his side, with no apparent movement upward to blow. It only moved after the puck was in and out. It's a horrible allowance for ref's to amend their shortcomings. The officials screwed up and should be punished by the league. I challenge the press corps, university athletics to put pressure on the league. Make them own this embarrassment.

Lately opponents have taken lots of shots at Zane from bad angles, probably because of his letting some of those in in previous games, but he seemed to have cleaned that up. Denver attempted very few of those shots all weekend until that one went in.

I think it's also due to the fact that our D generally do a good job of keeping the shots on the perimeter but we aren't big in front of the net, where the garbage goals get picked up.   A lot of those low angle shots end up loose in front. 

Always amazed by "intent to blow the whistle" claims. From the video, the ref's whistle hand appears clearly at his side, with no apparent movement upward to blow. It only moved after the puck was in and out. It's a horrible allowance for ref's to amend their shortcomings. The officials screwed up and should be punished by the league. I challenge the press corps, university athletics to put pressure on the league. Make them own this embarrassment.

That wasn't the explanation; they told Hak they didn't see the puck in the net.

Really, watching the replay? If you see what you don't want to see, or thought you didn't see, then you won't see it.

Always thought gwoz had the Denver based referees in his back pocket. Guess it's just Denver in general.

That wasn't the explanation; they told Hak they didn't see the puck in the net.

Really, watching the replay? If you see what you don't want to see, or thought you didn't see, then you won't see it.

That was the official ruling...?! If so, those clowns should be suspended indefinitely.

If anyone is interested, NCHC contact emails are easy to find on the website. I am considering writing a note to Don Adam and possibly the commissioner. Aside from the weak goals, horrible officiating clearly robbed the game from UND. There is no excuse to have such poor officiating. If I were a potential recruit that would be a reason to look at Canada. Bad calls happen everywhere, but the seem to be really consistent in the NCAA, and the NCHC has had some real doozies. Last nights crew could quite possibly be the worst I have ever seen.

Also, I really can't understand why Moore wasn't given a game misconduct. If the same hit would have resulted in Jewels being stretchered off the ice it would have been. Total BS, so I guess the punishment lies on the way a player lands rather than the illegal hit. Absolutely insane. I Probably sound like a homer, but we seriously need to flood NCHC email accounts with polite emails requesting explanations concerning officiating.

This will be unpopular, but Moore's hit did not seem like a game hit to me.

That is your opinion and I respect it. However Brad Marchand's hit on Sami Salo in the NHL IN 2012 resulted in a 5 game suspension and a $152,000+ fine. His hit resulted in a concussion. Moore's hit could have had at the very minimum resulted in a concussion.

That is your opinion and I respect it. However Brad Marchand's hit on Sami Salo in the NHL IN 2012 resulted in a 5 game suspension and a $152,000+ fine. His hit resulted in a concussion. Moore's hit could have had at the very minimum resulted in a concussion.

I don't question that, and I also don't pretend to know the rules very well.  But just because Drake flipped and came down on his head doesn't automatically mean it's a game hit, does it?   A good hip check will do that, and it wasn't a blind side hit or Drake would not have jumped to avoid the check.  But like I say, I don't know the rules.   

Important thing is that he's ok.