SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Jerseys of 2014 (Home Whites)

MafiaMan

With the loss of the classic Sioux-head jerseys, college hockey has undergone a major shake-up in terms of best jersey.  Here's my top five home whites for 2014 (in no particular order):

10528101.jpeg

Boston U's former throwback alternate - now turned regular jersey.  Simple.  Classic.

Celebration.jpg

Maine Black Bears.  I love the two different shades of blue and the simple "Maine" script on the front.

globke.jpg

Lake Superior State Lakers.  The anchor. 

628x471.jpg

Union College.  This pic really doesn't do this jersey justice - the maroon and black look great and the roundel logo is a nice touch.

HOC7270_sr.jpg

Michigan Tech.  They've long had an identity crisis and finally went back to what works - old school.

With the loss of the classic Sioux-head jerseys, college hockey has undergone a major shake-up in terms of greatest jersey.  Here's my top five home whites for 2014 (in no particular order):

10528101.jpeg

Boston U's former throwback alternate - now turned regular jersey.  Simple.  Classic.

Celebration.jpg

Maine Black Bears.  I love the two different shades of blue and the simple "Maine" script on the front.

globke.jpg

Lake Superior State Lakers.  The anchor. 

Umm...not to nit pick, but that's only 3! :p

Regarding Maine's jersey - get rid of the REEBOK on the front!

Umm...not to nit pick, but that's only 3! :p

I clicked "post" by accident before I'd found acceptable pics for my remaining two jerseys.  ???

Maine is losing some points with me...Reebok has also toyed with the script "Maine" - it is missing the light blue outline that exists on the shoulder and back numbers as well as the A in the alternate captain's jersey.  Check out the female fan in the right on the picture - THAT'S how the front of the jersey should look.

Any other opinions out there from jersey fans?

At the risk (certainty) of getting lit up here...the Minnesota throwbacks with the diagonal "Gophers" across the front have always been quite sharp. 

Is that U of M sweater right next to your home yellow Bison FB jersey in your closet? ;)

• Upvote 2

Maine is losing some points with me...Reebok has also toyed with the script "Maine" - it is missing the light blue outline that exists on the shoulder and back numbers as well as the A in the alternate captain's jersey. Check out the female fan in the right on the picture - THAT'S how the front of the jersey should look.

UPDATE: I have confirmed that the problem I identified above with Maine's home jerseys has been corrected for this season. Stay tuned for pic.

With the loss of the classic Sioux-head jerseys, college hockey has undergone a major shake-up in terms of best jersey.  Here's my top five home whites for 2014 (in no particular order):

Celebration.jpg

UPDATE: I have confirmed that the problem I identified above with Maine's home jerseys has been corrected for this season. Stay tuned for pic.

Maine did indeed get rid of the Reebok on the front of their jerseys this year, Ray77...they're now with Warrior.  Compare the 2013-2014 Reebok jersey above with the 2014-2015 jersey below...

Leen.jpg

As you can see, the "Maine" script has been returned to normal.  Maine stays in the top five.

Maine did indeed get rid of the Reebok on the front of their jerseys this year, Ray77...they're now with Warrior.  Compare the 2013-2014 Reebok jersey above with the 2014-2015 jersey below...

Leen.jpg

As you can see, the "Maine" script has been returned to normal.  Maine stays in the top five.

I like the Warrior jersey better, mainly because of the light blue around the Maine on the front.  But still, now they need to get rid of the Warrior "W" on front!

St. Cloud's current Home unis look great (Very similiar to the Frattin Era Sioux sweaters):

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/dr/ncaa/ncaa7/release/sites/default/files/styles/640x360/public/media/st-cloud-st-kalle-kossila-020614.jpg?itok=WkihMgQu

Duluth's Newer Home tarps look awesome. I really like that logo on their shoulders:

http://wnyhockeyprospects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/iafallo8211.jpg

If the Sioux dropped the "pit stains" on their current homes they would look much nicer. Its a confused look, traditional throwback shoulder yokes with modern under-arm 3rd color, just looks tacky.

• Upvote 1

St. Cloud's current Home unis look great (Very similiar to the Frattin Era Sioux sweaters):

st-cloud-st-kalle-kossila-020614.jpg?ito

Duluth's Newer Home tarps look awesome. I really like that logo on their shoulders:

iafallo8211.jpg

If the Sioux dropped the "pit stains" on their current homes they would look much nicer. Its a confused look, traditional throwback shoulder yokes with modern under-arm 3rd color, just looks tacky.

Great post!  Helped it out a bit by adding the pics...completely agree on the UMD jerseys.  The old UMD shoulder patch seemed clunky by itself.  The famous bridge adds some character.  Almost made my top five just on that simple change. 

As for St Cloud, I disagree.  The St C on the front and the interlocking SC on the shoulders just don't go well together.  I think this would look great on either the crest or the shoulders for a better look...

HuskyLogo.gif

As for the Sioux jerseys, you are 100% spot-on.  Old school front + trendy pit stains = not a good look.

I seem to recall Duluth having the Gopher "M" on their shoulders 10-15 years ago. That didn't appeal to me because Duluth is it's own school, separate from UMTC.

VMH_UMD_Jerseys_42.jpg

Yes, as worn in 1998-2000 by UMD. Mike Sertich was pretty bitter about UMD playing second fiddle to the M at the end of his tenure and it showed.

I seem to recall Duluth having the Gopher "M" on their shoulders 10-15 years ago. That didn't appeal to me because Duluth is it's own school, separate from UMTC.

For awhile all the campuses did that then stretched Crookston or Duluth or Morris or Twin Cities on the bottom of the shoulder m.

globke.jpg

Lake Superior State Lakers. The anchor.

i'm pretty partial to the Lakers Home whites. if i collected other teams jerseys, that would be the one i would start out with!

Web92HockeyChamp.jpg

I get that the 2014 Laker jerseys go back to what LSSU looked like in the late 1980's/early 1990's in their heyday (albeit with an apparent change in the yellow color, a smaller anchor on front, and slightly different and smaller "Lakers" wordmark, but I think what Gemini did a couple of years ago with their jerseys is actually a better look....in my humble opinion, of course (pic below)...

WebHockeyFarewell2175.jpgradkeaaa.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=

BU no contest. So clean and simple. I would like to see UND try a nice clean old school design either as a throwback or for the next generation of unis.

My pick for second is Tech. Another simple sharp design.

Isn't it amazing how Boston U, Maine, and Michigan Tech can come up with an incredible home jersey without a Terrier, a Black Bear, or a Huskie on it?

BU no contest. So clean and simple. I would like to see UND try a nice clean old school design either as a throwback or for the next generation of unis.

My pick for second is Tech. Another simple sharp design.

I like BU's jersey's too.