SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU to move to FBS with an invite from the Sun Belch?

SiouxVolley

That is the key statement.  NDSU's hopes for a new stadium lays with their alumni and/or the state.

I am sure there are some alumni who would come forward if the state would join the party or at least allow some type of bond financing. But I think there has to be some type of constitutuional changes to allow that to happen. I could be wrong on that.

Has Bisonville deleted the "Sh*t on UND" thread that had run for 6000 some replies?  Even the SDSU thread also seems to have been deleted?  Could it be that the new Bizon AD doesn't like the crap bizonville spews, and he had someone inform Tony that it wasn't welcome?  Tony, who is a lapdog of the NDSU admin, would naturally comply.  The UND thread doesn't seem to appear anymore.  Wonder if the new NDSU AD wants to make peace with UND and the Big Sky? 

I think you broke your own record for the most untruths in one paragraph. :tinfoilhat:

The game wasnt the story. NDSU was the story. Thats all they pretty much talked about. A one week infomercial about Fargo and NDSU.

"We are going to Fargo to pay homage" were there exact words. I know it hurts but you can try to down play the event all you want. It just makes you look foolish.

Yes, Fargo is the Mecca of college football. Better pay homage. Well, that, and the TV series "Fargo" was a hit over the summer. There were more references to that than NDSU.

Yes, Fargo is the Mecca of college football. Better pay homage. Well, that, and the TV series "Fargo" was a hit over the summer. There were more references to that than NDSU.

Hey thats what ESPN said. You can argue with them. I can find you a link if you want me to. But if you dont like what I said you diffinantly arent going to like the lead in to Game Day. :)

Hey there Big Shooter, with my 16 posts, yes I am constantly over here. Just trying to broaden your horizon.

Have a good day!

I think we have plenty of FU trolls here with expressed intent of "broadening our horizons" amazing how important you find the fan site of a school you don't consider your rival. I'm guessing you are another in a long line of twenty-somethings with little prospects and nothing better to do - if this doesn't fit your profile then it's even sadder that you have time to be here.

Hey thats what ESPN said. You can argue with them. I can find you a link if you want me to. But if you dont like what I said you diffinantly arent going to like the lead in to Game Day. :)

So glad you have the time to continue to monitor here and question every comment - reality check it's a UND fan site we are going to diss FU - it's all a matter of opinion - and I think there is a site especially for you with like minded people - it's not here.

So glad you have the time to continue to monitor here and question every comment - reality check it's a UND fan site we are going to diss FU - it's all a matter of opinion - and I think there is a site especially for you with like minded people - it's not here.

Of course its your site and I expect some diss. Thats part of the rivalry.  But again I am amused with your same reply in regards to us coming to your site blah blah blah. Man get some new material. Also your accuracy on the number of my comments is about as good as my spelling which is not good. :whistling::bigsmile::silly:

Same with the flooding issues in Fargo. A stadium isn't first priority.

I'd say "water" is an issue for Fargo, and not just too much at once. They've grown by a "Jamestown*" in the last five or so years. Can the Red and Sheyenne keep up with their needs or will Fargo need water from the Missouri via a pipe (like Furness and Walacker say). 

By comparison, Grand Forks is an oasis. 

*about 13,000 

Of course its your site and I expect some diss. Thats part of the rivalry.  But again I am amused with your same reply in regards to us coming to your site blah blah blah. Man get some new material. Also your accuracy on the number of my comments is about as good as my spelling which is not good. :whistling::bigsmile::silly:

There are so many of you FU Trolls posting under so many nicknames no one knows how many posts you have - but the reality is you continue to find the need to come here and defend FU - which supports the inferiority complex syndrome so many of you seem to have. By the way UND is will be always be THE Flagship University of the state ...Buttfootball (no need to rebut we can just copy and paste previous FU troll comments). .

I'd say "water" is an issue for Fargo, and not just too much at once. They've grown by a "Jamestown*" in the last five or so years. Can the Red and Sheyenne keep up with their needs or will Fargo need water from the Missouri via a pipe (like Furness and Walacker say).

By comparison, Grand Forks is an oasis.

*about 13,000

Fargo has spent all summer expanding the water treatment plant, to filter some of that Devils Lake water.

Fargo has spent all summer expanding the water treatment plant, to filter some of that Devils Lake water.

They have a money problem there too. 

Construction bids for an update of more than $100 million to Fargo's water plant came in too high so the project will have to be re-bid.

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2014/sep/18/low-bids-for-major-update-to-fargo-water-treatment-plant-come-in-millions-of-dollars-above-budget/

Grand Forks is looking at a water plant not long after that. I hope the elected city leaders are taking note. 

Since the Fargodome was built the Fargo area has added over 55,000 people. They really do need a bigger stadium. Especially for even more future growth.

Plus it seems to me a lot of these types of buildings have 30 year lives. So I expect in about ten years you'll really start to see a push for a new facility.

Since the Fargodome was built the Fargo area has added over 55,000 people. They really do need a bigger stadium. Especially for even more future growth.

Plus it seems to me a lot of these types of buildings have 30 year lives. So I expect in about ten years you'll really start to see a push for a new facility.

NDSU wants/needs a larger stadium.  The city of Fargo does not.  Big, big difference.  The city of Fargo needs a more convention center space, not more seats in a stadium.

True but we are already seeing talks start to heat up. Plus they could use the old "economic development" of another 10,000 seats. Hotels/restaurants. Seems the dome is having more concerts sellouts recently.

The city of Fargo already has a 2% of sales taxes with none that expire until 2028 plus another 1/2% from Cass County that doesn't expire until 2031.  Their tax rate is currently at 7.5% (after the state's 5% tax) and would require a 60% "Yes" vote to add an additional sales tax.  I don't see the general population voting to move what I believe is currently the tied for the highest tax rate in the state even higher.

There are so many of you FU Trolls posting under so many nicknames no one knows how many posts you have - but the reality is you continue to find the need to come here and defend FU - which supports the inferiority complex syndrome so many of you seem to have. By the way UND is will be always be THE Flagship University of the state ...Buttfootball (no need to rebut we can just copy and paste previous FU troll comments). .

I only post under one moniker. Dont need anymore. Hayduke knows who I am. Inferiority complex? LOL Dude its entertainment. Nothing more nothing less. If you think its something more you may really need to look in the mirror. As far as the flagship thing---? I could care less who wants it or gets it. If it puffs your cheeto tou can have it. :bigsmile: