SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

The 2015 date was conveniently still left open. Won't be surprised if a deal is signed for 2015 in Fargo and 2019 in Grand Forks. That allows NDSU to Grand Forks in a 12 game season. Not real concerned about it either way.

Obviously they can schedule road games in 11 game seasons why wait til 2019? I agree with you on not concerning, it will be only be concerning if UND had a hard time filling out their schedule.

Gene Taylor will go down in history as the administrator who was afraid to take his football team to Grand Forks. He was so afraid to sign a deal for a game at UND that he ended up looking phony. He talked in circles so many times about why he could never get the game scheduled that he just kept looking more ridiculous all the time. A person could write a book about all the different reasons why the game didn't happen. The only problem was for every reason he said the game didn't happen he did just the contrary with another school. Definitely a black mark on his legacy. It is sad when hatred affects your ability to make wise decisions for what most of the people of North Dakota want.

Ask Bison fans if that's how he'll be remembered....

1. Took us D1

2. Hired Bohl and Miles

3. 2 dance trips and 3 football titles.

No particular order on those.

Many solid responses here.

I was on record after they scheduled Weber saying that all excuses and reasoning for not scheduling UND is null and void. Then they go and Schedule EWU.

This is comical because for years I have heard every excuse in the book from the FU faithful: Our scheduling model, UND game wont make enough revenue, Big Sky isn't in our recruiting footprint, I can go on and on. Instead of scheduling a true rival only 70 miles away they schedule teams that are over a thousand miles away for no payday. GT was clearly the problem even though FU fans won't admit it.

Excuses to not schedule UND before were pure BS...now it is borderline insanity. This is incredibly stupid and makes no sense whatsoever to anyone who has half a brain.

Bring on the excuses trolls, I would love to hear your spin.

• Upvote 1

I was on record after they scheduled Weber saying that all excuses and reasoning for not scheduling UND is null and void. Then they go and Schedule EWU.

This is comical because for years I have heard every excuse in the book from the FU faithful: Our scheduling model, UND game wont make enough revenue, Big Sky isn't in our recruiting footprint, I can go on and on. Instead of scheduling a true rival only 70 miles away they schedule teams that are over a thousand miles away for no payday. GT was clearly the problem even though FU fans won't admit it.

Excuses to not schedule UND before were pure BS...now it is borderline insanity. This is incredibly stupid and makes no sense whatsoever to anyone who has half a brain.

Screw them and get some H/H with UNI, SIU, SDSU and fill out our the schedule through 2018.

Obviously they can schedule road games in 11 game seasons why wait til 2019? I agree with you on not concerning, it will be only be concerning if UND had a hard time filling out their schedule.

Not saying I agree, just stating what I believe will happen and what the "rationale" behind it will be.

Screw them and get some H/H with UNI, SIU, SDSU and fill out our the schedule through 2018.

I am also on record saying that I am not for or against playing the game, but this has become borderline madness. I think games with those teams are great.

Think about it for a second...We play MVFC OOC games meanwhile FU plays BSC OOC games...but we never play each other.

Incredibly stupid.

Zero excuses from me! I love the move though! Scheduling another top dog in EWU... Get them in the dome and get to go play at the scene of the infamous replay..... Putting a rival fan base up in arms is just a bonus.

Zero excuses from me! I love the move though! Scheduling another top dog in EWU... Get them in the dome and get to go play at the scene of the infamous replay..... Putting a rival fan base up in arms is just a bonus.

Not saying I agree, just stating what I believe will happen and what the "rationale" behind it will be.

I believe there will be new excuses made up by 2015. GT will have to fax some new ones from Iowa to the new AD

Ask Bison fans if that's how he'll be remembered....

1. Took us D1

2. Hired Bohl and Miles

3. 2 dance trips and 3 football titles.

No particular order on those.

Nobody is saying he doesn't have a wonderful legacy in a lot of areas, but to a large group of people they will remember his weaknesses and the shortcomings he showed too. He will definitely be remembered for the childlike actions he displayed too. Just remember. Boys will be boys.

It is a great game, I am not naive, so I will give you that. However, will you at least admit that it is silly to play all over the BSC but not schedule a BSC team in your back yard?

It is a great game, I am not naive, so I will give you that. However, will you at least admit that it is silly to play all over the BSC but not schedule a BSC team in your back yard?

The BSC teams on the schedule don't come with baggage.

You guys need to help this NDSU fan out:

Why do you feel entitled to play NDSU; particularly have NDSU come to the potato dome? Drop the requirement of a return, and I am sure NDSU would play ball if two games in Fargo.

Why does NDSU feel entitled to two games in Fargo? UND isn't entitled to anything nor is NDSU.

The point being made is that GT continuously makes scheduling decisions that are contrary to every reason he has trotted out to the media as a hold-up for renewing the rivalry on the football field. But it isn't a coincidence that 2015 was left open. The games will be scheduled and it will be a home/home.

• Upvote 1

My guess they only schedule games they feel they can win. Leaves us out.

• Upvote 1

Why do you feel entitled to play NDSU; particularly have NDSU come to the potato dome? Drop the requirement of a return, and I am sure NDSU would play ball if two games in Fargo.

Unbelievable.

History. Tradition. Distance Proximity. North Dakota population & western Minnesota population's interest. Open schedule dates. Immense revenue and attendance for out of conference game. Template put in place by other OOC rivals across the country. etc. etc. etc.

The reasons go on and on.

Get the d*mn thing done and scheduled. It would be done annually if the people at NDSU were even slightly coherent.

• Upvote 3

Unbelievable.

History. Tradition. Distance Proximity. North Dakota population & western Minnesota population's interest. Open schedule dates. Immense revenue and attendance for out of conference game. Template put in place by other OOC rivals across the country. etc. etc. etc.

The reasons go on and on.

Get the d*mn thing done and scheduled. It would be done annually if the people at NDSU were even slightly coherent.

Those were all true back in 2003.

I don't understand why anybody here would care that FU is playing EWU. Who gives a sh*t? Doesn't affect UND whatsoever.

You are correct it doesn't affect us, but it's fun to laugh at their lame excuses not to schedule us.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why anybody here would care that FU is playing EWU. Who gives a sh*t? Doesn't affect UND whatsoever.

It has nothing to do with NDSU playing EWU. Their fans are thrilled to play EWU. We play EWU all the time so that is not a big deal. It is has more to do with making all the excuses over the years given by NDSU look less than credible. The bottom line is it sure good to see Bison fans excited to play the BSC. It is definitely a premier conference. It is where NDSU wanted to be.
  • Upvote 1

Why does NDSU feel entitled to two games in Fargo? UND isn't entitled to anything nor is NDSU.

The point being made is that GT continuously makes scheduling decisions that are contrary to every reason he has trotted out to the media as a hold-up for renewing the rivalry on the football field. But it isn't a coincidence that 2015 was left open. The games will be scheduled and it will be a home/home.

Taylor has always done what's in NDSU's best interest. Does "NDSU's best interest" need to be defined for everyone?

Wonder if that's how he approached Weber?

What's the going rate for a non home game in Fargo?

I've always thought the first game will have to be in the playoffs and it's UNDs job to get there.