SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

Yep I'm well aware im in the tiny minority amongst my fellow Gopher fans but they're either short sighted or only looking through the prism of college hockey. We are a Big Ten school end of story. I also know how arrogant my previous post sounded but think about it from my perspective. Why would I want my hockey team to be in a different conference than the rest of the other sports? Especially after the WCHA added Omaha and Bemidji. I have zero interest in playing these schools. Im also for expansion and more exposure for college hockey and there's not one person on this board that can disagree that the formation of the BTHC has already raised exposure and will eventually lead to more schools looking at college hockey.

I question your last point.

First, the ONLY sport the B10 could be a leader in is college BB. They collectively suck at FB and frankly I cant imagine what the benefit is to college hockey by having a B10 league when the creation of it ended the greatest hockey conference in the country.

Second which other schools are looking at having hockey teams? MAC schools? Former Big East schools? Not gonna be ACC or SEC or PAC 10 teams.

Yep I'm well aware im in the tiny minority amongst my fellow Gopher fans but they're either short sighted or only looking through the prism of college hockey. We are a Big Ten school end of story. I also know how arrogant my previous post sounded but think about it from my perspective. Why would I want my hockey team to be in a different conference than the rest of the other sports? Especially after the WCHA added Omaha and Bemidji. I have zero interest in playing these schools. Im also for expansion and more exposure for college hockey and there's not one person on this board that can disagree that the formation of the BTHC has already raised exposure and will eventually lead to more schools looking at college hockey.

Why would I want my hockey team to be in a different conference than the rest of the other sports?

Is it because with hockey Minnesota actually has a shot of winning a Big 10 championship? Lets be real, when your conference makes all teams stop scheduling FCS teams because a certain team in the conference keeps losing to them and making asses of themselves and the conference, your not the pride of the league.

Is it because with hockey Minnesota actually has a shot of winning a Big 10 championship? Lets be real, when your conference makes all teams stop scheduling FCS teams because a certain team in the conference keeps losing to them and making asses of themselves and the conference, your not the pride of the league.

Illinois? Purdue?

Hasn't Illinois made the NCAA basketball tournament like 25 out of the last 30 years?

They have been pretty good at basketball so you could be right on that but I would be a little surprised if it was that high I know they didn't make it last year. I was talking about football and the losing to FCS teams and those were the two that I thought of.

I just have no understanding of why it would matter? Better competition makes you better. No better names.

The Sioux logo on the floor? Why? So they can block off 2/3 of the room so no one can walk on it?

Because it is another step, albeit a small one, in the transition away from the Sioux logo and nickname.  First Home of the Fighting Sioux words were removed from the outside of the stadium, then a few logos in renovation, 'what's next?' is my line of thinking.

Because it is another step, albeit a small one, in the transition away from the Sioux logo and nickname.  First Home of the Fighting Sioux words were removed from the outside of the stadium, then a few logos in renovation, 'what's next?' is my line of thinking.

You realize that UND has actually dropped the Sioux logo and nickname right?  How were they supposed to do a complete renovation and stay in compliance with the settlement agreement?

I love the remodel but can't help noticing something really huge missing from this picture... and I hate it

Agreed I see the question was asked on the Herald chat and Schloss said since they renovated they couldn't put a new one in. Logos can only be added in the historical context and they have added more jerseys with the logo on, logos in the recruiting room, and kept from renovating some parts to leave logos around the rink and SIOUX PRIDE is still above the doorway when walking out to the bench/ice.

You realize that UND has actually dropped the Sioux logo and nickname right?  How were they supposed to do a complete renovation and stay in compliance with the settlement agreement?

Right when I posted my comment, I thought to myself... 'I'm going to get some smartass comment asking me if I know the nickname is gone'... and what do you know, we have a winner!

Just because they did a renovation and had to stay in compliance, I'm not required to enjoy parts of the Sioux tradition being stripped away from the arena.

Agreed I see the question was asked on the Herald chat and Schloss said since they renovated they couldn't put a new one in. Logos can only be added in the historical context and they have added more jerseys with the logo on, logos in the recruiting room, and kept from renovating some parts to leave logos around the rink and SIOUX PRIDE is still above the doorway when walking out to the bench/ice.

Yeah I'm glad that they were able to add some Sioux logos in "historical context" to make up for the ones lost.