SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Makes some great throws in the highlight reel.  I really appreciated seeing him throw to a spot, rather than waiting for the receiver to make the move, come to a complete stop, and wait for the ball.  He also seems to get away with some rainbows off his back foot though.  Judging by stats he looks to be a late bloomer on a run-heavy team.  Have the coaches been in contact with him?  He getting interest from other schools?

Makes some great throws in the highlight reel.  I really appreciated seeing him throw to a spot, rather than waiting for the receiver to make the move, come to a complete stop, and wait for the ball.  He also seems to get away with some rainbows off his back foot though.  Judging by stats he looks to be a late bloomer on a run-heavy team.  Have the coaches been in contact with him?  He getting interest from other schools?

I believe he was at one of the Elite camps this summer, and I also think the coaches have stayed in contact.

Yes on both accounts.  Yes he was at elite camp.  Right now Wyoming, South Dakota State, San Diego, Drake, CSU-Pueblo and Southwest Minnesota state are talking to him.  He does play on a run heavy team so his stats are not off the charts, but the team is very good and ranked high in the highest classification in Colorado.  I believe over the 2 years he has started they are 15 and 4.  Currently he has almost 1,000 yards passing and a 66.9% completion.  Manages the game well and is efficient with the football.  He is a young senior as he just turned 17 at the end of July.  So has a lot of upside.   His dad was the starting QB for Northern Colorado in the early to mid 90's and had some NFL free agent signings as well as playing in NFL Europe. 

I was just checking out some of the tape on the QB's we have interest in and the one that stood out to me is Tyler Perone. Doubtful we could get him but he looks real good. Not sure how we ended up recruiting a kid in Pennsylvania. I know there was a Perone that was a professor at UND awhile back.

The one I've been most impressed with is that QB from MN who is injured and can't play his senior season. His throwing motion and release are as good as I've seen. He could be a steal since big schools won't risk on a qb who didn't play their last year.

Trey Anderson I think is his name. You're right I think we have a real good shot at him and he's going to be a good one.

Trey Anderson I think is his name. You're right I think we have a real good shot at him and he's going to be a good one.

He's got big ol Brett Favre paws too which will help in playoffs road games if need be. He's the #1 recruit that I want for UND. We obviously need lots of hogs and other players but he really looks like a good one.

He's got big ol Brett Favre paws too which will help in playoffs road games if need be. He's the #1 recruit that I want for UND. We obviously need lots of hogs and other players but he really looks like a good one.

I just watched his hudl tape from his junior year. Very good with his feet as well. Very impressive. Not sure who's interested in him still after his injury.

Let's hope we stay after him and get him. You don't see/hear any chatter about him right now on the Internet. I just watched Mollbergs tape from his high school years (I forget how good he looked) but Anderson looks better especially with his feet. Hopefully he can bounce back from his injury.

UND offered OG Patric Rooney out of Benilde St Margaret.

Got to hope that Keaton Studsrud is helping the recruitment of him.  Big kid with a good push and might have some room to get some more muscle on him too.  Some PWO interest I'm guessing from Big 10 schools.  I'm also guessing that these potential PWO are the kids that Knauf is hoping to get if he wants more division one linemen.

RB John Santiago has put up some huge numbers according to the MN Football Hub

I'm thinking we might be looking at him as a RJ McGill type WR but he does seem to run through contact well maybe a RS year to bulk a little? He seems to have a natural knack for returning kicks to which will be nice down the line.

Got to hope that Keaton Studsrud is helping the recruitment of him. Big kid with a good push and might have some room to get some more muscle on him too. Some PWO interest I'm guessing from Big 10 schools. I'm also guessing that these potential PWO are the kids that Knauf is hoping to get if he wants more division one linemen.

Rooney appears to have committed. He just tweeted half hour ago that he is officially a member of the University of North Dakota football family. Welcome to the family!