SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami, OH - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Make the pp count somehow and maybe a sweep..

GO SIOUX

For those going to game they will honor tjs performance during a break so someone please post that and

@SchlossmanGF: T.J. Oshie's USA jersey is sold out at The Ralph. Fans can still place future orders tonight.

The UND hockey stars are aligned after Oshie steals Olympic show this morning.

UND channels the feel good moment from this morning......4-1.

Zane plays big (cause no way Clark plays being winless on Saturdays).

Too soon for you guys as you've just went through the name change I guess. Just to get to know your new conference mates better. Our nickname was "blessed by the Miami Indian tribe for as long as the winds shall blow".... but we had to change it anyway. I didn't intend to stir the pot, and I'll respect this board. Our board is a bit different. Link below from a newspaper article discussing it.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2002&dat=19910825&id=ZbkiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ObUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3574,4502909

It was changed in 1997.

Too soon for you guys as you've just went through the name change I guess. Just to get to know your new conference mates better. Our nickname was "blessed by the Miami Indian tribe for as long as the winds shall blow".... but we had to change it anyway. I didn't intend to stir the pot, and I'll respect this board. Our board is a bit different. Link below from a newspaper article discussing it.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2002&dat=19910825&id=ZbkiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ObUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3574,4502909

It was changed in 1997.

I'm very familiar with your nickname issues and actually attended a LSSU/Miami game in Sault Ste Marie when you were known as the Redskins. Most of us here love the Fighting Sioux nickname and aren't exactly rushing out to buy new North Dakota jerseys for our collections.

Also, check your PM's...

Looks like NoDak is sharing their Neulion webstream tonight with Miami as it shows it is listed for us to view on our end. I'll be watching. Good Luck guys. I'll exit the board now.

I'm definitely sensitive to it, maybe overly so but I grew up respecting the logo and what it stood for. But definitely come on the boards more often, we can always use some victim's err... I mean opponents fan perspective :)