SiouxSports.com Forum

UND hockey racist?

Wilbur

Nobody cares about wrestling. :silly:

I never understood wrestling. Two guys in tight bodysuits groping each other and trying to throw each other around all the while wearing these ridiculous looking ear muffs with chin straps.

Yuck. Even fake wrestling is disgusting.... except for the female wrestlers ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite part of that statement is that "Hockey is the sport where minorities are excluded." Hockey is the sport in which minorities predominately do not participate, but that in no way makes hockey a racist sport. You can't make minorities play hockey if they are not interested in that sport.

So what do we call the two black players that play for Washington? Mike Grier and Anson Carter. What about the gentleman that plays for the Avs thats name escapes me.

As an NDSU alum, and former athlete, let me suggest to the people on the Bison's board to worry about who they will get to play home games against next football season (now that they have chosen to destroy the most exciting sports rivalry in college athletics). Thanks for the great memories to all former UND and NDSU athletes, and that's all we'll have from now on, just memories.

Go Sioux! I can hardly wait until a possible rematch between the rodents and the Sioux hockey teams. Maybe they can find some outside ice to play on, since it seems to be such a problem finding a decent indoor sheet on the U of M campus.

(now that they have chosen to destroy the most exciting sports rivalry in college athletics).

Did I read that right or are my eyes playing tricks on me. I swear it's talking about the Sioux Bison rivalry and says that they have chosen to destroy the most exciting rivaly in college athletics. Michigan and Ohio St. ring a bell. I can't believe someone really typed that.

As an NDSU alum, and former athlete, let me suggest to the people on the Bison's board to worry about who they will get to play home games against next football season (now that they have chosen to destroy the most exciting sports rivalry in college athletics). Thanks for the great memories to all former UND and NDSU athletes, and that's all we'll have from now on, just memories.

Go Sioux! I can hardly wait until a possible rematch between the rodents and the Sioux hockey teams. Maybe they can find some outside ice to play on, since it seems to be such a problem finding a decent indoor sheet on the U of M campus.

I for one am not too concerned about next years Bison home schedule.

It will fall into place shortly.

The rivalry thing has been talked to death on other threads, time to move on.

The Xcel, best hockey arena in the midwest could be an alternate site for a Gopher-UND hockey game. Target Center has also hosted Gopher hockey games.

There is also Georges Laraque.

If you want to talk minor league professionals houw about Houle? He's a goaltender I think in the Stars organization (but I am not sure) who is the canadian indian decent.

Manute Boll played hockey for a day so that meant that, for one day, there was an African hockey player!

Manute Boll played hockey for a day so that meant that, for one day, there was an African hockey player!

I believe that Mike Grier is also an American, he is the son of fomer NHLer Rosie Grier. So I believe that he would be classified as an African American.

Don't forget Jordin Tootoo (Atlanta?)

I believe he is what the Canadians call an Inulet (sp) or I believe what we would classify as an Eskimo or Native. I guess we should include Ted Nolan (Native Canadian), former coach of the Buffalo Sabres too.

How about Byron Dafoe? Yeah, he's caucasian, but he is the only (or used to be the only) player from England in the NHL :glare:

Hell Olaf Kolzig is German. Wow, lots of different groups represented in the NHL.

What about Scott Gomez and Manny Fernandez their of Hispanic decent. I guess that shot this argument all to heck...