SiouxSports.com Forum

UND hockey racist?

Wilbur

I was just over browsing the NDSU board bisonville.com, and they are talking about UND's racism in regards to hockey. :silly:

Here's one of the quotes:

"Hockey is the sport where minorities are excluded. It is the top sport at UND. That gives the impression that UND is a racist institution. Pair that with the insensitivity of the naming issue, and of course the obvious patronization efforts, and your presidents statements that there is too much criminal scandal in DI (except hockey of course where there are no minorities ). Your left with a very mixed and uncomfortable image."

I guess they got tired with the Engelstad issue. Ohh wait, they didn't, they are speaking in German on the board. Don't those IAA hicks down south have anything better to talk about?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the source, I wouldn't place too much credence in the writer or give it any degree of credibility, especially when you look at participation rates among various racial groups for sports at all levels. :silly:;)

Then again, since said writer is a Stream Yellow partisan, I would guess that it's another manifestation of their inherent jealousy and self-loathing when they look at the facilities UND has, and the revenues its teams generate. Sad, really.

Just ignore stupid comments from Bison fans whether it is on their Board or ours. Addressing it and getting into a pissing match with them just lowers ourselves to that level.

I have never been to that Board and do not plan on it. There are some SU fans that do provide some good conversation on this Board but, for the most part, I wish they would stay on theirs and we on ours.

I certainly hope there aren't UND fans on their Board making dumb, antagonist comments like many of them do on ours. Again, we don't need to do that. Our teams/programs can do the speaking for us - even if we are on different levels going forward. They made that decision - not us!

I do not believe that minorities are excluded from UND in any sport. If a person

of any color or nationality came out for the team(s) and had the talent and or skill

required to play the sport, I'm sure they would make the team and more than likely do well. It sounds to me that someone down south (Bisonland) are a Sioux

fan at heart and are having trouble admiting it. Keep trying, you will get there!!

Go Sioux!!!

Bochenski for Hobey!!

My favorite part of that statement is that "Hockey is the sport where minorities are excluded." Hockey is the sport in which minorities predominately do not participate, but that in no way makes hockey a racist sport. You can't make minorities play hockey if they are not interested in that sport.

"0" implies they have a hockey program but just haven't won anything yet, like SCSU, etc. I think the more accurate equation is 7>

Just my twocents.gif

I was doing DI championships. Actually, they'll never get any. It will always be Division I-AA. :silly:

Who really cares what they are talking about on their board. They really don't have a lot to discuss this time of year anyways.

Why of course there's a great deal to discuss on the Stream Yellow board.

To wit, recent topics include: the price of Skoal, the price of Milwaukee's Best, how to remove tobacco stains from the front of your "Sunday going to church" Wranglers, the eternal Ford vs. Chevy debate, why do people wear shoes, the vast Fighting Sioux conspiracy to keep 'SU out of the Big Sky, how to brush your remaining three teeth, whether it is really possible to fit two 'SU sorority girls on one flatbed trailer, getting a campus parking permit for your tractor ... ;):silly:

Why of course there's a great deal to discuss on the Stream Yellow board.

To wit, recent topics include: the price of Skoal, the price of Milwaukee's Best, how to remove tobacco stains from the front of your "Sunday going to church" Wranglers, the eternal Ford vs. Chevy debate, why do people wear shoes, the vast Fighting Sioux conspiracy to keep 'SU out of the Big Sky, how to brush your remaining three teeth, whether it is really possible to fit two 'SU sorority girls on one flatbed trailer, getting a campus parking permit for your tractor ... ;):silly:

Classic post....I love it.

To quote a Bison fan:

"Hockey is the sport where minorities are excluded."

Memo to:

Scott Gomez

Anson Carter

Jerome Iginla

Grant Fuhr

et al,

You are minorities.

You never did, nor ever will play, in the National Hockey League.

Signed,

North Dakota State University football fans

And, how in the world did diversity-loving Dr. Saigo at SCSU ever allow that sport in his domain?

The posit is rediculous.