SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Olympic Hockey

Ray77

Switzerland beats the Czechs 1-0. Both the Czech Republic and Slovakia have under-performed so far in pool play.

I read an article a couple of days ago on the Slovak team...seems they miss the presence and leadership provided by Pavol Demitra. He is certainly missed by their team and country.

Switzerland beats the Czechs 1-0. Both the Czech Republic and Slovakia have under-performed so far in pool play.

I read an article a couple of days ago on the Slovak team...seems they miss the presence and leadership provided by Pavol Demitra. He is certainly missed by their team and country.

Not sure who is running team Czech however the way he picked the team was a joke. when I heard nedved was on the team I thought it was a joke. To think, they left hudler off the team.

Not sure who is running team Czech however the way he picked the team was a joke. when I heard nedved was on the team I thought it was a joke. To think, they left hudler off the team.

I think the Czechs are caught between the old guard 1998 players and trying to find their next generation of talent. If Jagr and Nedved were US, Canadian, or Russian citizens, there would be ZERO chance of them making the Olympic team at this stage of their respective careers.

Can't help but comparing this to Richard Sherman postgame. Opposite ends of the spectrum.

I'd prefer a comparison to the jersey-poppin' look at me look at me celebration by USA's very own Blake Wheeler a few years back in a certain WCHA Final Five title game. Contrast that with an immediate wave to Jonathan Quick and a celebration amongst teammates. Very nice.

Mafia just texted me....he will be chiming in later here. He is busy baking his famous sticky buns for Dave and his family for their customary Sunday brunch. Said he is making them with extra caramel since the boys got the celebration of TCOS last night!