SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday Game Thread

U2Bad1

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FSN is bushleague. They call the hit of the game Murray getting ridden into the net(a potential injury), total lack of class. :D

They always think the goofer cheap shots are great plays because they don't get a penalty. I hate to be the bad guy, but I'm worried about J. Parise starting tomorrow. Brandt is our goalie and he should play in the tough games, especially when every blind zebra is trying to help the other team.

FSN hit of the game, Murray getting crushed from behind as he's about to put the puck in the open net on a cross crease pass in the first period. Hit of the game is an obvious uncalled penalty.

Woog and Frank could not find the penalty on the Sioux when Taylor speared Bochenski. They thought the Gophers were penalized and never did find the Genoway slash on the replay. It was there as Genoway slashed the dman's stick at exactly the same time as Taylor speared Bochenski.

In response to the goph goal that didn't count (several pages back), on the replay you could hear the whistle clearly before the puck crossed the line. Can complain about an early whistle, but not even an up-to-the-booth replay would overturn that call.

As far as the overall game, I think the win could be called a steal by Brandt.

FSN hit of the game, Murray getting crushed from behind as he's about to put the puck in the open net on a cross crease pass in the first period. Hit of the game is an obvious uncalled penalty.

Woog and Frank could not find the penalty on the Sioux when Taylor speared Bochenski. They thought the Gophers were penalized and never did find the Genoway slash on the replay. It was there as Genoway slashed the dman's stick at exactly the same time as Taylor speared Bochenski.

In response to the goph goal that didn't count (several pages back), on the replay you could hear the whistle clearly before the puck crossed the line. Can complain about an early whistle, but not even an up-to-the-booth replay would overturn that call.

As far as the overall game, I think that won could be called a steal by Brandt.

Don't think they replayed the AR's call on Green with only 3 minutes left. :D

FSN is bushleague. They call the hit of the game Murray getting ridden into the net(a potential injury), total lack of class. :p

I noticed before the game that they showed the "highlight" of Ballard pulling Lundbohm's jersey over his head. :D

Great game, a couple regrets:

1) Lundbohm won't show up on the scoresheet despite setting a terrific screen on the edge of the crease ... no way Porter scores w/o "Lundblom" messing up Briggs.

2) Murray didn't show up on the scoresheet despite a terrific little screen / touch pass / decoy on Bochenski's goal.

My thoughts on tonights game:

First Period: Zach really did a great job of putting us on the board early jumping on the rebound. Why? Because he did something I've been yelling for SOMEONE on the SIoux to do ALL SEASON LONG: RUSH THE NET. Gophers equalized on a Power play goal which, in all honesty, was given to them by Prpich. True, they play was set up right and it was a great pass by Vanek, but hey, if the Gophers don't score on a 1:40 5x3 power play, they might as well roll over anyways.

1st Intermission: NEVER have I seen that happen to a rink. I could actually see the line where the chunk broke off. However, I would have never thought it would happen at the Mariucci. That place, Kohl Center, and the Ralph I would consider as being too well kept to have that happen. Must have been a fluke. There was real concern we would lose TV coverage for the WIld game at one point. For once I'm happy with FSN for sticking to the college game.

2nd Period: What can I say? Well, this was the Gophers period. Vanek scored on a beauty. The Gophers won a LOT of faceoffs, beat us to the puck more times than I could count, and generally did a great job.

Greyeagle, sagard, WPoS, and gang: Is Tayler this much of a thug usually? The guy beats up Murray (wow, good for him :D ), spears Bochenski, and acts like a total loser on the ice. Surely he can't be this much of a John Scott wannabe? I would think Lucia had higher recruiting standards.

Third Period: This is the period of the Sioux domination. 3 unanswered goals by Porter, Prpich, and Bochenski (not in that order). This is the period that made me scream at the officials. The AR that desires a pink slip should get it. Derek Sheperd isn't protecting our players (but why should he if he'd only get a slap on the wrist by Daddy Sheperd?). Taylor spears Bochenski and Genoway stickchecks Stevens (?) and Genoway draws the penalty. Yup, that's justice for you. In any case, we fought back a game that, judging by the energy levels, the Sioux could very well have lost.

Brandt was the player of the game and he deserves to be. He was UNBELIEVABLE in net. Played through two cheap shots, getting an elbow by Vanek to the mask that knocks it off and then a glancing blow to the head by I believe either Vanek's knee or part of his skate. He did an excellent job today and kept us in the game.

Greene had a good game. murray, Parise, Potulny, Vanek, Bochenski, and Vanek had good games too. Bina had moments.

I'll add more as I find it.

Great game, a couple regrets:

1) Lundbohm won't show up on the scoresheet despite setting a terrific screen on the edge of the crease ... no way Porter scores w/o "Lundblom" messing up Briggs.

2) Murray didn't show up on the scoresheet despite a terrific little screen / touch pass / decoy on Bochenski's goal.

Didn;t Murray shoot the first shot and Parise scored on the rebound or was that Stafford?