SiouxSports.com Forum

World Juniors

AZSIOUX

I don't think he was ever considered on the "bubble" :) Canada was talking him up since he was 15.

Being a bubble selection wasn't the issue raised by yzerman19...the claim was that Canada's top talent was almost blackballed by its hockey elite because he was a college recruit. I wanted some evidence to back that up.

I'd have to do some digging. If I recall correctly, it wasn't like "let's not invite that 17 year old Toews kid to camp" I thought it was more like "Hey 16 year old Toews kid, you know how you've always wanted to play in the world juniors, well going to the states for college isn't going to help your chances, you'd be a lot better off playing in the dub"

I'd have to do some digging. If I recall correctly, it wasn't like "let's not invite that 17 year old Toews kid to camp" I thought it was more like "Hey 16 year old Toews kid, you know how you've always wanted to play in the world juniors, well going to the states for college isn't going to help your chances, you'd be a lot better off playing in the dub"

Much like last year's anti-Sioux Phil Housley conspiracy theory thrown out by passit_offthegoalie, I'm not buying the anti-college commit angle.

There was no way Toews was ever in danger of not making a Canadian national team. He was too good. But it was suggested to him that his younger brother's chances of making a national team would be better if Jonathan signed with the CHL.

Hakstol doesn't have the resume to coach Team Canada at the World Juniors. You have to go back a ways to find a coach that doesn't have NHL, or at least AHL, head coaching experience.

Much like last year's anti-Sioux Phil Housley conspiracy theory thrown out by passit_offthegoalie, I'm not buying the anti-college commit angle.

You realize your asking me to go back like 7 or 8 years. How many non CHL players have played for Canada in the WJC? How many before Toews?

I know Jayden Schwartz played recently.

You don't think hockey Canada favors the CHL and tries to influence?

You realize your asking me to go back like 7 or 8 years. How many non CHL players have played for Canada in the WJC? How many before Toews?

I know Jayden Schwartz played recently.

You don't think hockey Canada favors the CHL and tries to influence?

No doubt in my mind they do.