SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Butler

sioux24/7

You guys look very selfish out there and try to force things. Looks like teams realize they will struggle with you if they play you man up, but if they can take Huff out and make others force the issue you struggle.

If UND can figure out offense against the zone you're going to confuse the hell out of other coaches, I don't think they dare play you man up.

Haven't seen the whole game but from what I've seen of this and the Oregon game we need 2 changes. On offense, our guards try to set up the offense way to far out. Having 2 guards both 5-10 feet behind the three point line is useless and allows the defense to sag down even more. We have got to step up and be a threat to score from the outside. On defense, our rotation is horrid. Way to many free runners when we double and it allows for easy baskets.

Haven't seen the whole game but from what I've seen of this and the Oregon game we need 2 changes. On offense, our guards try to set up the offense way to far out. Having 2 guards both 5-10 feet behind the three point line is useless and allows the defense to sag down even more. We have got to step up and be a threat to score from the outside. On defense, our rotation is horrid. Way to many free runners when we double and it allows for easy baskets.

Sounds reasonable to me. I haven't seen these problems before. Didn't see them against Wisconsin or NDSU.

It doesn't surprise me our record is 2-5 at this point in the season. We have played 2 top 15 teams and Butler is easily a top 25 team here soon. We lost to each by 15-17 points on their own courts which they will beat many teams better than us by those margins. Let's be honest we don't have the talent to beat these kind of teams and may never have those type of players at North Dakota. This team has work to do but games like these will help us thru the Big Sky conference. We just must recognize the double teams and make the extra passes because we still have too many players not wiling to make the extra pass. Hopefully we can straighten up these issues and win these last 3 non conference games. Bowling Green will be a tough game on the road because they are very athletic and will do damage to us on the inside. We should win both our home games after that prior to the first Big Sky game.

• Upvote 1

When the football alumni made the big push to move UND up to Division I this is the sentence they knew they were giving to all other sports. I'm not down on this team just realize that competing and winning the Big Sky to earn a first round game in the NCAA is about going to be the peak. (yes an upset in the first round is possible, but as history has shown not likedly). Right now Sports Illustrated predicted Weber State out of the Big Sky (at a lower seed than FU out of the Summit).

When the football alumni made the big push to move UND up to Division I this is the sentence they knew they were giving to all other sports. I'm not down on this team just realize that competing and winning the Big Sky to earn a first round game in the NCAA is about going to be the peak. (yes an upset in the first round is possible, but as history has shown not likedly). Right now Sports Illustrated predicted Weber State out of the Big Sky (at a lower seed than FU out of the Summit).

A Big Sky tourney title would be the biggest moment in UND basketball history hands down, it isn't even close. The rest would be gravy.

NDSU...leading off ESPN with a win at Wisconsin a few years ago...giving Kansas a run for its money in the NCAA's...and winning at Notre Dame tonight.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm tired of playing catch-up to the Bison in everything but hockey.

• Upvote 1