SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ #14 Oregon (Oregon Tournament Day #2)

SWSiouxMN

I am tired of the BS that is going on over on the Poly thread, so its time for a fresh start. Forget yesterday and move on.

All can be forgotten if UND shows up and knocks off the Ducks today.

Every team has a bad game, lets not make this a pattern. I am hoping for an upset or at least a competitive game.

I'm not worried one bit after Cal-Poly.

They played in front of 14 people!

They will be playing in front of at least 16 people today. That will make a difference even if the crowd is Pro Oregon.

I didn't think we'd lose to Cal-Poly but I didn't think we would win all 3 games either and I still think UND can beat Oregon.

I can easily accept a 15 point loss on the road to the number 14th ranked team in the country. We were short a key shooter which could have helped our ice cold shooting from 3. What i don't like is only 8 assists so again not much passing. Too be successful our key players need to get other players involved cause if they never pass the ball we will be so easy to defend once Big Sky play begins. Huff is playing well and such a weapon but only 3 assists in 5 games is not good. The more he gets players involved the better we will be. Hopefully our touch shows up tomorrow and we can get a win in this tourney.

Im curious about Antwi, but honestly I just dont see guys like him and Hobaugh getting minutes. We have to have Huff, Webb and Anderson in the game.

Yeah that was weird about Antwi, Salmonson , Hobaugh and Traylor basically not playing. Also, Stefen only got 2 minutes. Our lineup heading into the big sky should be narrowed down to about 8-9 players getting almost all the minutes which would be our starters plus Schuler, Hooker, Traylor. Then a few minutes for the rest. Jones has made several comments about his depth and that he is not going to have players play 30+ minutes so they are always fresh and he's done that leading up to this tournament but tonight Huff, Anderson and Nash played 37+ minutes each. Wonder how good their legs are going to be tomorrow. 37+ minutes is too much for the starters to be playing with the depth we have when in practice the 2nd team hangs and beats the first team based on whats being said. Hopefully its not any injuries to the players that did not play tonight and we will be at full strength beginning next week.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/279288/group/homepage/

guess we have our answer

Jones said he trimmed the team’s rotation based on Oregon’s zone defense and the Ducks’ quick posts.

That meant more minutes for Shane Benton, who chipped in five points, two rebounds and two assists.

The lineup shuffle limited the playing time for usual regulars Alonzo Traylor, Ryan Salmonson, Lenny Antwi and Cole Stefan.

http://www.grandfork...group/homepage/

guess we have our answer

Jones said he trimmed the team’s rotation based on Oregon’s zone defense and the Ducks’ quick posts.

That meant more minutes for Shane Benton, who chipped in five points, two rebounds and two assists.

The lineup shuffle limited the playing time for usual regulars Alonzo Traylor, Ryan Salmonson, Lenny Antwi and Cole Stefan.

That really doesn't make since because Antwi and Stefen are shooters that can possibly kill a zone and Benton is not a shooter at all. Usually against a zone you would put in your shooters to take them out of a zone. So Nash must have played the 5 tonight. If so I would leave it like that and start Webb, Anderson, Huff, Schuler and Nash in the future for our best lineup as someone has mentioned prior.