SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ BU - Friday

AZSIOUX

You are correct that this team, most likely, will not do anything this year however because Hak has one bad season doesn't mean he should go. I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic. They look pretty bad however. The Gophs are just as young and they are on a whole different level.

I've actually turned a corner- I think Hak is not the guy and is not going to be the guy. He's had the teams and failed...now, he doesn't have the team and is failing magnificently.

• Upvote 2

9)While chatting with one woman, I asked if she lived out here or came out from North Dakota. When she said she lived in Maine, I told her I did too. Then she asked if I was 'keikla on Siouxsports.' I was simultaneously proud and totally weirded out that she knew who I was!

Well, DUH, keikla! She obviously read the front and back of the hat you were wearing!

You are correct that this team, most likely, will not do anything this year however because Hak has one bad season doesn't mean he should go. I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic. They look pretty bad however. The Gophs are just as young and they are on a whole different level.

and Gopher fans can hang their mythical November banner.
  • Upvote 1

and Gopher fans can hang their mythical November banner.

I will say this about the gophers, they are really good and have everything lined up for them to make a run at their sixth. if they don't make it to philly this season, their fan base can rev up the fire lucia threads because there should be no reason they don't make their, because they won't have to leave their backyard for any tournament in march.

I will say this about the gophers, they are really good and have everything lined up for them to make a run at their sixth. if they don't make it to philly this season, their fan base can rev up the fire lucia because there should be no reason they don't make their, because they won't have to leave their backyard for any tournament in march.

Believe me, 3 yrs. ago it was fired up and smoking, now the man's a genius. Funny how that works. ;)

Actually, it correlates nicely to Lucia firing Hill and bringing back Guentzel...so, yes, Don made a good decision and is reaping the benefits.

Beat me to it. His down years were the years Guentzel was gone. Just like how Gino went down after Blais left. The only difference is Gino left and Blais came back. Wham right back to the top.

I used to love this website and would check message boards all the time. Now it has turned into what the live chat during the games has become. Just a bunch of whining. We are so spoiled as Sioux fans and this is what the board looks like every November. It is sort of embarrassing. This is what we all make fun of Gopher fans for doing. Have some faith.

• Upvote 1

I used to love this website and would check message boards all the time. Now it has turned into what the live chat during the games has become. Just a bunch of whining. We are so spoiled as Sioux fans and this is what the board looks like every November. It is sort of embarrassing. This is what we all make fun of Gopher fans for doing. Have some faith.

AMEN!

• Upvote 1

So,should this thread be changed to Fire Brad Berry?

You're drawing the parallel to UND's situation, not me. I thought bringing Berry in was a solid move.

I'm simply stating that the gophers were having issues, Lucia made a change, and things seem to be heading in the right direction after.

The Berry hire doesn't really fit because UND was seemingly fine prior to the change.

You're drawing the parallel to UND's situation, not me. I thought bringing Berry in was a solid move.

I'm simply stating that the gophers were having issues, Lucia made a change, and things seem to be heading in the right direction after.

The Berry hire doesn't really fit because UND was seemingly fine prior to the change.

My smart a** comment wasn't directed at you. It was meant to poke fun at the Fire Someone theme that has infected this site.

I don't think having expectations and being disappointed in the failure to achieve them is whining. Even the people that complain the loudest still want the same thing that you do. Which is a team that is living up to the program's standards.

This is a season that I would love to see them rally but I just don't think they have the personnel to pull off a major run of wins. This appears to be a middle of the road team this year.

I went back to look at the message boards from last November and it was exactly the same. They always appear to be a middle of the road team in November. They have made the national tournament every single year since Hak has been here. I have high expectations for the Sioux too. It just seems a bit rash to not give these guys the benefit of the doubt and look for a run to get back into this thing.

I went back to look at the message boards from last November and it was exactly the same. They always appear to be a middle of the road team in November. They have made the national tournament every single year since Hak has been here. I have high expectations for the Sioux too. It just seems a bit rash to not give these guys the benefit of the doubt and look for a run to get back into this thing.

I think the big difference this year is that we're just about last in every defensive and offensive statistical category.

I think the big difference this year is that we're just about last in every defensive and offensive statistical category.

I would also add conference we play in is a "little" different from the WCHA where there were some weekends where you couldn't play your best and still get a couple of wins. that isn't the case this year as I think most people would agree, where are you going to find 2-3 conference sweeps here on out? for me the near panic factor is just that, we are treading water now and I don't see a 6-10 game unbeaten streak on our schedule. maybe this is the year und sneeks in with a just above .500 record and does soemthing magical. I guess we'll see.

Last year BU lost to Lowell in the HE finals, eliminating them. Had BU won the autobid, the eliminated team would have been--Yale. An improbable natty at best, given who they beat to get it, and how they barely slipped into the tourney

Last year BU lost to Lowell in the HE finals, eliminating them. Had BU won the autobid, the eliminated team would have been--Yale. An improbable natty at best, given who they beat to get it, and how they barely slipped into the tourney

Wasn't Lowell the favorite, thus making a BU win to eliminate Yale from the tourney the more "improbable" scenario?