SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Who was the head coach of Sioux Falls when they beat us? Any chance of him coming this way as either the HC or coordinator?

That is DeBoer. I'm actually surprised he hasn't applied yet. I think he may need to go the dII or dIII route if he wants to be a head coach again in the near future.

No time frame...like i have previous said not friends with faison we dont get a long.

Just no inner circles of the good ole boys down in carbondale.

Pipe dream would be him to bring deboer up here

Then siu would be really screwed...as dale did to us...isnt that funny hwo things work in full circles

They raid us we raid them when dales job is on line

Those two haven't exactly torn it up at SIU. Not sure how much rope they have left at their current job.

This is neither here nor there, but I can't help but wonder whether those guys ever expected to still be at SIU six years later? I always figured that job was viewed as a stepping stone for Lennon, and by extension his staff. In retrospect, I wonder if Bubba wishes he'd have stayed at UMD and quite possibly have gotten a couple of national championships of his own?

How many of Mussman's assistants will Bubba keep? That's my worry with hiring a guy who coached on the same crew as Mussman. He's going to bring in some of his former players, which could be some of the assistants who led UND to a really bad year.

We need someone new.

This is neither here nor there, but I can't help but wonder whether those guys ever expected to still be at SIU six years later? I always figured that job was viewed as a stepping stone for Lennon, and by extension his staff. In retrospect, I wonder if Bubba wishes he'd have stayed at UMD and quite possibly have gotten a couple of national championships of his own?

You think Nielsen is a better coach than bubba? Or was it just because he used his recruites?

My source just said bubba is bringing schmidt...

However not a slam dunk deal hes hired.

Faison is doing is due diligence...no offer has been mad.

Please dont question my sources or ask who they are!

I don't know if you're referencing me in this statement but I didn't mean to imply that Bubba would get hired. In fact I'm hoping for Pflugrad. Although I do like him as a coach. I just think Pflugrad is the best choice right now.

You think Nielsen is a better coach than bubba? Or was it just because he used his recruites?

It's hard to say. Nielson is a very good coach, but on the other hand he was basically coaching Bubba's players. Would Bubba have done as well? Impossible to know, but I suspect he'd have won at least one title.

I don't think Faison is going to go down the good ole boy track. It just doesn't seem like his style. So I don't think it will be Bubba.

I also don't think it will be Pflugrad (even though he's my choice right now). I just have a feeling Faison will go out on his own and hire someone else. Obviously based on nothing other than a hunch. Should be a very interesting few days.

• Upvote 2

How many of Mussman's assistants will Bubba keep? That's my worry with hiring a guy who coached on the same crew as Mussman. He's going to bring in some of his former players, which could be some of the assistants who led UND to a really bad year.

We need someone new.

I would have no problem with somebody new, but the problem is who? Pflu is the most qualified, but chances are very good Faison passes due to his real or perceived baggage. So then who is left? Marshall? Montana St. has been kind of an under-achieving program IMO, and failed to make the playoffs despite a lofty ranking most of the season. Most of the rest of the legit applicants are essentially journeymen. The only other candidate so far who might be intriguing is the guy from Florida Atlantic by way of UNI. I don't know enough about him to say whether he's the next-best after Pflu or not. I'm still hoping for Caruso or some other late applicant.

I would have no problem with somebody new, but the problem is who? Pflu is the most qualified, but chances are very good Faison passes due to his real or perceived baggage. So then who is left? Marshall? Montana St. has been kind of an under-achieving program IMO, and failed to make the playoffs despite a lofty ranking most of the season. Most of the rest of the legit applicants are essentially journeymen. The only other candidate so far who might be intriguing is the guy from Florida Atlantic by way of UNI. I don't know enough about him to say whether he's the next-best after Pflu or not. I'm still hoping for Caruso or some other late applicant.

The more I read on DeWitt the more I am intrigued by him.

Not that it necessarily impacts the UND situation, but it sounds like there could be another prominent FCS opening soon. EIU coach Dino Babers is being mentioned as a strong candidate for the Eastern Michigan job. John Wristen, who has been mentioned as a potential UND candidate in the past, was also linked to the EMU job.