SiouxSports.com Forum

white jerseys

I have seen multiple away games living in Wyoming, and I personally like the old uniforms better then the new ones. These have a darker green color, and just seem to have color thrown at it. The old ones were simple, but they looked more pro like with the green strip up over the shoulder.

I am a little confused. What shade of Green is UND? based on the old we were light green, but based on the new ones we are darker green.

Here are two pictures of the jerseys:

New white jerseys on display in what the new lockers look like at Memorial Stadium for UND FB Alumni #NDProud

A photo posted by North Dakota Football (@undfootball) on Jul 22, 2013 at 6:45am PDT

Here's an up close version of new Nike white tops for 2013 season #NDProud

A photo posted by North Dakota Football (@undfootball) on Jul 22, 2013 at 6:49am PDT

I like to see consistency, and because these away jerseys are the same style and colors as the home jerseys, I give these jerseys an A grade. No team, pro or DI college, has a different jersey style for their home and away. The only team in the Big Sky last year that did that was UND, and it just screamed "cheap, cheap, cheap!". I was hoping for the same style and the black to be white (for away obviously), green to remain green, and the white trim to now be black trim. I see all that I expected happened, and because of that I am very happy with these jerseys. The team will now APPEAR like a top FCS football team, now lets just see them PLAY like one too!!

UND's official "green" color is defined under the Pantone Color Matching System as Pantone 347.

See http://und.edu/ident...lines/color.cfm for details on the exact colors used for other official UND presentations.

The quick guide to UND colors and logos: http://und.edu/identity/_files/docs/und-identity-quick-guide.pdf

I figured it out. I felt the white jerseys were missing something. The shoulder patch. Is the ND logo going to be put on them? I know the home Jerseys don't have it, but the away jerseys should.

Here's my guess as to why: The University of North Dakota < this space available >

Putting "North Dakota" on the front of the jersey, that won't change; but, if a new moniker/logo are chosen it can be added at such time.

Here's my guess as to why: The University of North Dakota < this space available >

Putting "North Dakota" on the front of the jersey, that won't change; but, if a new moniker/logo are chosen it can be added at such time.

I'm not so sure. They had the ND on the shoulder long before the nickname controversy. I'd like to see an ND patch on both shoulders, it's a bit of a signature for both hockey and football uniforms.

I agree Geaux_Sioux. Even when the team was strongly seen as the Sioux, they still had the ND. I would love to keep that the same even with a new logo. Same with the helmet. They never had a Sioux logo on it so why put the new mascot on it.

It's actually what the green was supposed to be before. It was too dark for years. That is NDSUs green. Ours is a Kelly Green. This is the right green.

That is my point. The green looks too dark and looks very similar to the NDSUA&AS green than it does the lighter/brighter Kelly green that UND has been great about using on all of its uniforms for the last decade+. And where is the collar on it? It should have a green collar band.

Just my opinion. Nothing disgustingly horrible but nothing great.

That is my point. The green looks too dark and looks very similar to the NDSUA&AS green than it does the lighter/brighter Kelly green that UND has been great about using on all of its uniforms for the last decade+. And where is the collar on it? It should have a green collar band.

Just my opinion. Nothing disgustingly horrible but nothing great.

Looking at the picture again I'm assuming its just the lighting that makes it appear darker. Also having white instead of black as the base makes it appear darker. There's no way they got a different green than the blacks which had the perfect green along with the new helmets.

I love the Kelly green - I just hope we can shed the "pea green" of the last several years. Even though posters here insist it correct almost everyone that I go to games with said immediately that they got the green wrong. Don't believe me - poll the crowd around you.

I love the Kelly green - I just hope we can shed the "pea green" of the last several years. Even though posters here insist it correct almost everyone that I go to games with said immediately that they got the green wrong. Don't believe me - poll the crowd around you.

The material made it look that way. The color was the same as the patches on the blacks just a different material. Matching colors is a science, a very hard one at that.