SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell 2013-14

SWSiouxMN

Instead of doing an over/under thread like last year, it will be a buy or sell thread for some offseason fun.

Buy or Sell:

Quinton Hooker playing as a true Freshman

Buy or Sell:

UND goes to the NCAAs

Buy or Sell:

Troy Huff winning Big Sky Player of the Year

UND goes to NCAAS: Sell. I can see them make it to the title game; however, I am not going to say I expect anything more then that. I don't think we have seen enough team work built to make it. I do believe it can happen if the work is put in during the coming months. Huff's passing skills and Anderson's leadership will go a long way in determining the success of the team.

Instead of doing an over/under thread like last year, it will be a buy or sell thread for some offseason fun.

Buy or Sell:

Quinton Hooker playing as a true Freshman

Buy or Sell:

UND goes to the NCAAs

Buy or Sell:

Troy Huff winning Big Sky Player of the Year

I am going to buy on Hooker playing as a true freshman, and sell on the other two. I would obviously love to see them make it the NCAA's and this is the team that could do it but I just have a hard time seeing it. Also Huff could very well be the conference player of the year but it is just a gut feeling that he won't.

Buy or Sell: Alonzo Traylor and Jaron Nash play the entire season without any eligibility issues.

I am going to buy on Hooker playing as a true freshman, and sell on the other two. I would obviously love to see them make it the NCAA's and this is the team that could do it but I just have a hard time seeing it. Also Huff could very well be the conference player of the year but it is just a gut feeling that he won't.

Buy or Sell: Alonzo Traylor and Jaron Nash play the entire season without any eligibility issues.

Huff may have even a better season than last and not win the award as our team should simply have more talent. Therefore, he may not need to score/contribute as much as compared to the past. The four graduating seniors averaged 11.7 points and 10.5 rebounds a game. I would hope that Nash, Hooker, Traylor, Calcaterra, etc. will collectively exceed those numbers.

Buy to both. Nash's issues were with the NCAA transfer rules and he should be okay. I am hoping Traylor has his stuff taken care of academically and I wouldn't think he would repeat his actions

Buy or sell: NDSU@ UND will be a sellout

I feel this one will be at the REA, so sell on a sellout. However, because I feel both teams will be playing well and expectations will be high for both teams, it should be higher than the 7000 that were here when the two teams squared off in the 2011-2012 season. Im thinking around 8000 to as many as 9500.

Buy or Sell:

Jamal Webb will lead the Big Sky in steals AND will be top 25 in the nation in steals

Buy or Sell:

We play USD this year

Buy or Sell:

Average attendance at the Betty will be 2000

I can't see the game at the Betty. If both teams are doing really well it could be a good crowd at the Ralph.

Maybe the women's game would be in the Betty (NDSU fans have abandoned women's basketball), but not the men. There's just too much money that would be left on the table. Basketball needs to be paying for its load. If the men's game could be scheduled to a weekend or even Sunday afternoon, and if their is a bit of a winning streak beforehand, could see 10,000. Two years ago, the game was on a weekday and their weren't many bison fans.

Huff may have even a better season than last and not win the award as our team should simply have more talent. Therefore, he may not need to score/contribute as much as compared to the past. The four graduating seniors averaged 11.7 points and 10.5 rebounds a game. I would hope that Nash, Hooker, Traylor, Calcaterra, etc. will collectively exceed those numbers.

There were like six conference games that Huff either missed due to a broken jaw or his playing time and weight loss affected his output. Huff's numbers last year were deflated.

This. I was already in Fargo and could barely make it over to the game. Almost no out of town travel was possible that day. Just some bad luck.

I live near the Fargodome and its the only reason we went. Plus kids have never been to a UND-NDSU game before.