SiouxSports.com Forum

big sky news

gfhockey

Happy that the Big Sky will have the members to start up men's golf

good move to split to divisions on volleyball. Would be interesting to see how they would split it up. Lessen the travel costs.

Im 50-50 on non-divisions on basketball.

Loved the addition of the 6th man awards and freshman of the year

For those who are not aware of the Pac-12 scheduling model, it goes like this. You are guaranteed to play your natural rival in a home and home. (So for us, UNC). Then you get 6 games of home and home, and then the other 4 are just 1 game for a total of 18. Then after 2 years, it rotates

Wondering if this will mean now that with 12 members, do they stay with 7 getting into the VB,MBB, WBB tourneys or do they go up to 8?

Speaking of golf at UND, we have been average at best in recent years. Many years ago, Ray Richards was somewhat of a recruiting aid with it being so close to campus. I fully realize RR is nothing compared to the other courses in town but what kind of shape is it in? Do the UND teams use it for practice?

Speaking of golf at UND, we have been average at best in recent years. Many years ago, Ray Richards was somewhat of a recruiting aid with it being so close to campus. I fully realize RR is nothing compared to the other courses in town but what kind of shape is it in? Do the UND teams use it for practice?

I graduated a couple years ago, but while I was there Ray Richards always seemed to be well maintained. The course doesn't present the best views or most challenging holes, but it always seemed to be well taken care of.

I think had Sam Matthew stayed as opposed to transfer--I think the Men's team would have been very solid this year for the first time in several years. With him moving on they were always about one countable score from good finishes. He would have been the number 1 golfer with Schaefer and Robb behind him. That would have been a good foundation going to every tournament. I play mostly elsewhere in GF, and the UND Golf Teams have in recent years moved operations to Kings Walk and the Country Club-- and understandably so as Kings Walks practice range is stellar, and those 2 courses emulate more of what the teams will play in tournaments...but I will say this about Ray Richards, they work hard to maintain that course and for the value, is very fair and fun golf course. Holes 8 and 9 have usually ruined the few rounds I've played out there in recent years.