SiouxSports.com Forum

Ranking the Basketball Arenas of the Big Sky - UND Ranked 3rd

nodak651

• 7 months later...

Love the Betty! If the basketball team continues to improve (I am optimistic about the future), would it be possible to add more seating on the ends of the arena? Seems like something that would be easy to do, and very cost efficient per seat. Also, has there ever been much discussion about a larger, hanging scoreboard with a video display? Even the AC has one in the BSA, if that arena is worthy of one, then the Betty definitely is!

Caught this on Montana State's message board. Rankings done by Stadium Journey. Awesome website if you haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

http://www.stadiumjo...-arena-rankings

Unfortunately, it's tough to take that list seriously when they have Sac St at #5 with their high school gym.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/the-nest-at-colberg-court-s825/images

When the Betty was first proposed, I believe it was to have 4,200 capacity. So I believe there is the possibility of adding more seating if and when needed. At this point not needed but with improvement it may come. Can also move into REA for 6,000-8,000+

When the Betty was first proposed, I believe it was to have 4,200 capacity. So I believe there is the possibility of adding more seating if and when needed. At this point not needed but with improvement it may come. Can also move into REA for 6,000-8,000+

The Betty was to have about 4,000 permanent seats but it was cut back due to budget constraints at pretty much the last minute. Too bad that happened - a 4,000 seat venue would have been ideal!

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to see more effort to actually fill it....student turnout is horrid....needs to be rowdy and loud.....not hearing the bball bounce. DO they do any significant promotions to get students or others under the age of 50 to games? Love the diehards but the players would appreciate a full arena!

The Betty was to have about 4,000 permanent seats but it was cut back due to budget constraints at pretty much the last minute. Too bad that happened - a 4,000 seat venue would have been ideal!

Would have been nice but we are never going to need that many seats if Jones is still coaching.

• Upvote 1

Would like to see more effort to actually fill it....student turnout is horrid....needs to be rowdy and loud.....not hearing the bball bounce. DO they do any significant promotions to get students or others under the age of 50 to games? Love the diehards but the players would appreciate a full arena!

This is something I have been concerned about for a long time. The BB fan base is getting older and grayer all the time. The Marilyn Haggertys of the world won't be around forever.