SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Hockey on DirecTV tonight?

DakotaSioux

The satellite "guides" are often wrong, or don't show until the next guide update, often the same day of the game. My dish guide did not show the Thursday afteroon "class b hs basketball" tournament on local NBC last week, and when it was finally added, it showed "ND highschool hockey". So I'd expect you'll find Sat. night on 626, in spite of what the guide shows today.

From experience over this season anytime that the game is not listed it is not on. I will believe it is on at 5:05 PM MST Saturday the 16th of March 2013 CE. Until that point no.

Saturday's game will be on DirecTV 626, according to information we received from FOX College Sports on Wednesday. No word yet on a potential Sunday game being picked up by DTV.

Well that is great news! I live in the cites and will be heading to Joe Sensors in Bloomington to watch the game tonight. When I get home from work I will check my directv guide and see if I have it on Saturday as well.

If the satellite companies were able to get MidcoSportsNet I would drop midco cable so fast. I would think this reason alone is why it will never happen. They would lose a ton of customers who are fed up and only stick with them because of their exlusive coverage.

If the satellite companies were able to get MidcoSportsNet I would drop midco cable so fast. I would think this reason alone is why it will never happen. They would lose a ton of customers who are fed up and only stick with them because of their exlusive coverage.

For what it's worth, Midco wants to be picked up by the satellites. Perhaps they haven't considered a loss of customers.

Why? What is so bad about Midco?

Trying dealing with Cableone for a couple years and then let me hear you complain about Midco. Cableone is a joke.

I'm emailing as well, Red, even though I don't hold out much hope at it being added. We will eventually be moving out of this oil country, and there's a chance it will be to a midco area, in which case I'll get Sioux hockey once again.

Now that is dedication! Moving to get the Sioux games on tv;)

If any email effort is being coordinated to DirectTV/dish. It maybe worth someone's time to go on the boards of other schools which have a lot to do with MSN, such as the SDSU's of the world. It would probably help to have more fanbases pressing the issue than just one. I never go on the other schools' boards though or know if they exist. Just a thought...

Why? What is so bad about Midco?

I would be interested in the answer to that as well. I've looked over midco's packages online, and it looks like a way better deal than the cable co where I live. I continue to pay dish in western ND because of the poor local cable TV offerings, but have thought I'd drop dish and get midco if I ever moved somewhere that has midco.

I would be interested in the answer to that as well. I've looked over midco's packages online, and it looks like a way better deal than the cable co where I live. I continue to pay dish in western ND because of the poor local cable TV offerings, but have thought I'd drop dish and get midco if I ever moved somewhere that has midco.

A large part of the issue that I believe people have with them is that they are the only option most places they are available. People think things can always be better, especially when they don't have a choice. I personally think their prices are somewhat higher than they should be, but when your only competition is satellite, that is not really much of a concern for them. I've never had a problem with their customer service. Overall offerings are pretty good as well, though they have made some small changes in channel offerings that I personally haven't cared for, but different people watch different things.

A large part of the issue that I believe people have with them is that they are the only option most places they are available. People think things can always be better, especially when they don't have a choice. I personally think their prices are somewhat higher than they should be, but when your only competition is satellite, that is not really much of a concern for them. I've never had a problem with their customer service. Overall offerings are pretty good as well, though they have made some small changes in channel offerings that I personally haven't cared for, but different people watch different things.

That does explain it, and the satellite TV providers are expensive, but my local cable co is more expensive, with less channels that I want. Midco appears to be better than that, but I could certainly understand that, to get what I want, I may have to pay as much as I pay to Dish

How many places really have an option between cable companies?

According to the link below (cut and paste if it doesn't show as a link), it says DirecTV channel 623 (i.e. Fox College Sports - Central) will be showing the "

WCHA, First Round: Michigan Tech vs. North Dakota"

But, my guide on the satellite still shows baseball. It also says that UND Sport Extra will be on at 7:00 p.m. so I will plan on using that as my "test" for all of this... hope it's right!

http://www.locatetv.com/listings/fox-college-sports-central

According to the link below (cut and paste if it doesn't show as a link), it says DirecTV channel 623 (i.e. Fox College Sports - Central) will be showing the "

WCHA, First Round: Michigan Tech vs. North Dakota"

But, my guide on the satellite still shows baseball. It also says that UND Sport Extra will be on at 7:00 p.m. so I will plan on using that as my "test" for all of this... hope it's right!

http://www.locatetv....-sports-central

I am getting the same results as you. I also noticed if I go to Directv.com and search for "North Dakota" two results are returned but there are no details. Maybe they are in the process of updating. Or maybe it is just a big tease and we will be left with nothing but a interweb fuzstream of the game.

I am getting the same results as you. I also noticed if I go to Directv.com and search for "North Dakota" two results are returned but there are no details. Maybe they are in the process of updating. Or maybe it is just a big tease and we will be left with nothing but a interweb fuzstream of the game.

Baseball on now. It's not even spring yet.