SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MANKATO - Saturday WCHA finale

AZSIOUX

Here are a few notes from brads blog to clear everything up....

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/

SWEEP the Mavs!! Go Sioux!

1. UND will be either the No. 2 or No. 3 seed for the WCHA playoffs. In order to be the No. 2 seed, UND needs to get one more point than Minnesota tonight.

2. UND is guaranteed to play either Michigan Tech or Bemidji State.

3. If Minnesota beats Bemidji State tonight, UND will be locked in against Michigan Tech for the first round, no matter what happens in the other games.

4. UND can still clinch a share of the WCHA title and be proclaimed MacNaughton Cup champs with a win coupled with a Wisconsin win over St. Cloud State. The Huskies have already clinched their share and will be the No. 1 seed for the playoffs. They will take on Anchorage.

Two-way ties

Mankato > Wisconsin

Denver > Mankato

Mankato > Omaha

Wisconsin > Denver

Wisconsin > Omaha

Denver > Omaha

Three-way ties

1. Wisconsin, 2. Denver, 3. Mankato

1. Denver, 2. Mankato, 3. Omaha

1. Wisconsin, 2. Mankato, 3. Omaha

Four-way tie

1. Wisconsin, 2. Denver, 3. Mankato, 4. Omaha

• Upvote 1

UND needs to have a better game overall. They got outshot 40-20. Yuck. They only registered 2 shots alone in the first. The turnovers is another thing they need to watch for. MSU had some of their own, which we capatilized on, but not as many as us I don't think. If UND plays the way they did defensively against DU on Sat. and pucks go in, it should be a W.

alright looked at that wrong thanks

Anybody still in contention needed a Badger sweep to have a chance at a tie for the regular season title. All SCSU needs tonight is a tie to clinch the title outright. A loss opens up the door for UND, MN, or both to claim a share of the crown.

UND needs to have a better game overall. They got outshot 40-20. Yuck. They only registered 2 shots alone in the first. The turnovers is another thing they need to watch for. MSU had some of their own, which we capatilized on, but not as many as us I don't think. If UND plays the way they did defensively against DU on Sat. and pucks go in, it should be a W.

Do not believe the shot totals from last night. The stat guy was not crediting the Sioux with shots and missed at least four in the first period. Sioux got outshot but not by those numbers.

Do not believe the shot totals from last night. The stat guy was not crediting the Sioux with shots and missed at least four in the first period. Sioux got outshot but not by those numbers.

This is true. I saw our first shot of the game, looked at the shot clock and was thinking, "um, are you not going to count that?" And they didn't.

This is true. I saw our first shot of the game, looked at the shot clock and was thinking, "um, are you not going to count that?" And they didn't.

Hmmmmm.........wonder how many points Mankato thinks they get for winning the shots on goal count?

third place is better than fourth but it still effin sucks knowing we will have to play the thursday game at the x and face three games in three days. although with this team's tendency to not show up for games we probably won't have to play three games at the final five.

if we can get the win tonight and minnesota loses we will only have to play 2 games other time to party take care of tonight boys if we can manage to get a share of the cup thats great but i think the 2 seed should be the main focus right now

I know that can happen, I just don't see minny not winning tonight.

I'm excited for the last WCHA regular season game for UND, CC, DU, UNO, SCSU, MN, and UW. I hope it's as exciting as last night was. If anyone is interested in condensed scoreboard watching, follow me on twitter and i'll be posting all WCHA scoring updates. I did it last night and found it to be pretty fun. Sorry for the self promoting.....

My twitter user name is @JRoadsreal

Go Sioux!!!!!!

I'm excited for the last WCHA regular season game for UND, CC, DU, UNO, SCSU, MN, and UW. I hope it's as exciting as last night was. If anyone is interested in condensed scoreboard watching, follow me on twitter and i'll be posting all WCHA scoring updates. I did it last night and found it to be pretty fun. Sorry for the self promoting.....

My twitter user name is @JRoadsreal

Go Sioux!!!!!!

Nice!! Always a entertaining follow. Ha

For those wondering about the webcast SAVE YOUR MONEY...unless you have to have a visual and understand if so but if not it sucks big time. Sucks just as bad as Mankatos announcers do.

The whole lets blame UND for the NCHC is getting old. Sweep these guys and send them back down the pairwise! Go sioux

• Upvote 1

For those wondering about the webcast SAVE YOUR MONEY...unless you have to have a visual and understand if so but if not it sucks big time. Sucks just as bad as Mankatos announcers do.

No doubt; the game can be "seen" much better by just listening to TH

Did anyone get the webcast for Friday night's game? I was just wondering how the quality was. I am thinking about buying it if it is decent and just hooking up my computer to my tv. Would appreciate any info that any of you have on the quality last night. Go Sioux!

Did anyone get the webcast for Friday night's game? I was just wondering how the quality was. I am thinking about buying it if it is decent and just hooking up my computer to my tv. Would appreciate any info that any of you have on the quality last night. Go Sioux!

It was pretty low quality. You couldn't really see the puck...or read the numbers on the jerseys.

It was pretty low quality. You couldn't really see the puck...or read the numbers on the jerseys.

Since you couldn't see, and the play by play guys spent a large part of the game hating on the Sioux while play was going on, you really didn't know what was happening, although they did pause to call a goal after it occurred.