SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MANKATO - Friday

AZSIOUX

The most frustrating thing is that as good as we've played, we still have left some pts on the table.

How we gave up Sat's game to MN is still boggling my mind. And as "hot" of a topic as it's been on here all week, even you that have the "so green you can't see out of them" shades on have to admit that we need to sweep a team that's at the bottom of the league when we are at HOME. Regardless of how hard they play, the doomsdayers are right in the regard that BSU is a horrible team.

Just those 2 pts would give us a share of the title regardless of how clown does tom.

Oh well, cheers for win tonight when we prob didn't deserve one. Good teams find a way though!

to be honest. many teams have left points on the table. plenty of und's ties could have been wins, just like minny's ties. when we played duluth we got outplayed badly but still ended up getting three points.

to be honest. many teams have left points on the table. plenty of und's ties could have been wins, just like minny's ties. when we played duluth we got outplayed badly but still ended up getting three points.

True, but the way they gave up that MN game and settled for a tie, doesn't happen all too often. And you're right...hell, we just got outplayed tonight pretty bad and still won, so obviously it does work both ways.

I thought this was a poorly played game tonight. I can't speak for UND because I haven't seen them play more than one game this year, but MSU was lazy. The middle two goals were the direct result of two lazy and undisciplined plays by the defensemen. MSU missed a couple of open nets that should have/could have been goals. Williams did keep MSU tied in the second period with a couple of pretty impressive saves. This game was ripe for the picking and MSU blew it.

The refs certainly swallowed their whistles on a couple of occations, which I'm good with on most occasions. Just an observation. I obviously saw a couple where UND probably should have been called (as I'm sure most UND fans saw some that should have been called on MSU). Interesting game, but I can't help but be a little letdown by the MSU effort.

The most frustrating thing is that as good as we've played, we still have left some pts on the table.

How we gave up Sat's game to MN is still boggling my mind. And as "hot" of a topic as it's been on here all week, even you that have the "so green you can't see out of them" shades on have to admit that we need to sweep a team that's at the bottom of the league when we are at HOME. Regardless of how hard they play, the doomsdayers are right in the regard that BSU is a horrible team.

Just those 2 pts would give us a share of the title regardless of how clown does tom.

Oh well, cheers for win tonight when we prob didn't deserve one. Good teams find a way though!

1. Yup, agreed.

2. Yup, still hurts to think about that one.

3. Yup, gotta get all the points you can at home.

4. So they couldn't beat any team in the country on any night? No Minnesota fans in their right mind would call BSU terrible, as should no Sioux fans.

5. Hak didn't come out and say it, but he wanted to post game. :lol:

6. Amen brother.

Question...

Why did we clinch home ice last week and MN didn't? We have the same amount of pts. Is it because they had one more loss than we did? (But had 1 more win too)

If we both win tom, who gets the 2 seed? I would have thought MN does because they beat us H2H.

Any help would be great, not sure why I don't know that.

GO SIOUX!

Anyone?

I flew into Mpls from Denver, rented a car, and drove down to Mankato for the series. Observations:

-Never been to Mankato. Can add that to my list of arenas I've now been to. Got to hear the "Ole!" Song three times; hopefully no more tomorrow.

-Very quiet student section and fan base overall.

-Saw Mankato last Saturday in the Springs against CC. They are a scrappy, hard-working team. They out-played us but two costly mistakes cost them the game.

-We didn't look pretty but we got it done. Pretty good officiating overall.

I flew into Mpls from Denver, rented a car, and drove down to Mankato for the series. Observations:

-Never been to Mankato. Can add that to my list of arenas I've now been to. Got to hear the "Ole!" Song three times; hopefully no more tomorrow.

-Very quiet student section and fan base overall.

-Saw Mankato last Saturday in the Springs against CC. They are a scrappy, hard-working team. They out-played us but two costly mistakes cost them the game.

-We didn't look pretty but we got it done. Pretty good officiating overall.

Today was MSU's last day before Spring Break. If we play at home next weekend, it's going to be even worse. I'll say though, the last 4 years of losing has really killed the student section atmosphere. The momentum they had in 08-09 was killed and now more students sit with their thumbs up their butt than stand and cheer. The same goes for the MSU fanbase in general. The fanbase has been virtually beat into submission the last couple of years. I said over on USCHO that our fanbase is the NCAA equivilant of the Vikings. We get our hopes up and they've been killed over and over....except it's only been preseason expectations and not even regular season success.

Due to tiebreakers over the other teams that also had a chance for home ice.

I see. So we had them and MN didn't.

Do we get the #2 seed with a win tom? Or does MN? I'm assuming SCSU just wrapped up the #1, or could they fall with a loss tom and a UND/UM win due to tiebreakers?

I see. So we had them and MN didn't.

Do we get the #2 seed with a win tom? Or does MN? I'm assuming SCSU just wrapped up the #1, or could they fall with a loss tom and a UND/UM win due to tiebreakers?

We have to finish ahead of Minnesota to get the two seed I think, both SCSU and UM have the tiebreaker over us. Again, I think.

If UND SCSU and UM tie they all raise a banner. Scsu gets 1 seed, Um 2 seed and UND 3 seed. Same if UND and um tie. Um 2 seed UND 3 seed. Lets hope Scsu gets beat and a banner as co league champions is up for grabs tomorrow night!

If UND SCSU and UM tie they all raise a banner. Scsu gets 1 seed, Um 2 seed and UND 3 seed. Same if UND and um tie. Um 2 seed UND 3 seed. Lets hope Scsu gets beat and a banner as co league champions is up for grabs tomorrow night!

SCSU doesn't have a lot to play for tomorrow night. Secured number one seed, won the cup, own all tiebreakers.

I guess unless wanting to win the cup outright is their main goal. Wisconsin is fighting for their lives trying to get home ice and are a bubble team. I think they win.

SCSU doesn't have a lot to play for tomorrow night. Secured number one seed, won the cup, own all tiebreakers.

I guess unless wanting to win the cup outright is their main goal. Wisconsin is fighting for their lives trying to get home ice and are a bubble team. I think they win.

umm... pairwise. im sure a win against wisco would be better than a loss or tie in the pairwise. i want und to win tomorrow for pairwise purposes.

umm... pairwise. im sure a win against wisco would be better than a loss or tie in the pairwise. i want und to win tomorrow for pairwise purposes.

SCSU was tied 4th in Pairwise with UND and UNH now their 6th in the Pairwise, while UND and UNH are still tied at 4th.

...my main concern is our nasty habit of puking up a goal almost immediatley after we score - I've never seen a Sioux team do this to such an extent. This is mental and concerns me that we are still doing it at this time of the year. Like someone else has said - It'll come back to bite us in the a**" - I hope not, but this is something we should be able to fix

This...^^^^^^^^!

It's crazy how this happens way too often...twice again last night.

Rowney and Easy Mac seem to be heating up at the right time, but this team will go absolutely nowhere if Danny and Corbin are kept quiet. IMO Rocco has to be on that top line. He creates time and space for those other two which they haven't been able to get with anyone else on that line. Rowny's goal was a direct result of Rocco's play to Simpson, but all things being equal Danny and Corbin will put more points up with Rocco than Carter and Michael playing with Rocco. Simply math...the more goals the better and Rocco gives UND that possibility on the top line.

You make 37 saves, you better be playing in net the next night...period.

As to the 2 points above, I think too many coaches try to out think the room a lot of times. Hope Hak doesn't.

I thought the 3rd and 4th line were very good last night. Connor is just flat out a hockey player and Colton is becoming a very solid contributor.

Watched the last period of the UM/BSU...tough to watch BSU puke it away. That was their shot to get a game this weekend.

does anyone have any highlights of the game they'd like to share? thank you

If anyone had any highlights from that crappy AmericaOne webcast you wouldn't be able to see it anyway. The only way you could tell what was going on was by listening to the crappy, homer announcers. All the color guy could talk about is how he can't stand North Dakota,called Pattyn a plodder as a skater,called our players jerks,said someone needs to knock us off our perch like Gophers did at regionals last year. Both announcers said they were Gopher fans. You'd think think Mankato has been a WCHA powerhouse for years and UND was a bitter rival. Worst case of p***s envy I've ever seen.