SiouxSports.com Forum

Officiating

mikejm

again, actually they do NOT. J-Mart hit his bare skull on the ice w/o a whistle...I see no improvement until Greg Seppard is done as the head official.

WPoS

The helmetless whistle is only for those that keep moving, and convulsions apparently don't count :)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think its a good rule that if the helment comes off the wistle is blown and the play stops It might actually save the health of some of our players in the long run. :) Hopefully we won't see any more playing without a helment penalties either, like the one Palmo got last season.

I actually think its a good rule that if the helment comes off the wistle is blown and the play stops It might actually save the health of some of our players in the long run. :) Hopefully we won't see any more playing without a helment penalties either, like the one Palmo got last season.

If they blow the whistle automatically when a helmet comes off, why is this a penalty? The play should be dead before anyone has the opportunity to play the puck

There's a new rule this year that was instituted as a result of the Joe Exter-Patrick Eaves collision in the BC-Merrimack game last season. As soon as any player loses his helmet for any reason, the officials are required to stop play.

Personally, I think the rule is an overreaction by the NCAA. Had it been in place last season, it would have done nothing to prevent Exter from getting his head smashed into the ice.

http://uscho.com/news/2004/01/20_007752.php

We seem not to be the only ones seeking to drive change in officiating.

Cornell coach Mike Schafer got suspended for public criticism after last Friday's game.

I think his AD was awfully harsh on him. I don't mind that he was suspended a game. Rules are rules. His AD should have given him credit for speaking up for protecting the players, even if he didn't agree with how he said it.

I think his AD was awfully harsh on him. I don't mind that he was suspended a game. Rules are rules. His AD should have given him credit for speaking up for protecting the players, even if he didn't agree with how he said it.

Who is the AD, spineless? I mean Wanless?