SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Hoggsbreath WCHA Final Five Brunch

MafiaMan

Hoggsbreath Brunch   

25 members have voted

1. 1. What date and time works best for you?

• Friday the 22nd at 11:00 am?
    • Saturday the 23rd at 11:00 am?

Just wanted to say thanks again for the great time. Nice to hear stories from people who truly love the University of North Dakota and love Fighting Sioux hockey.

PS: I apologize for my dad calling holy cross sacred heart about five times. His excuse is he can't keep the Catholic schools straight.... :blush:

• Upvote 2

Just wanted to say thanks again for the great time. Nice to hear stories from people who truly love the University of North Dakota and love Fighting Sioux hockey.

PS: I apologize for my dad calling holy cross sacred heart about five times. His excuse is he can't keep the Catholic schools straight.... :blush:

Overheard several times yesterday..."Wilbur doesn't look ANYTHING like I expected".

• Upvote 1

Overheard several times yesterday..."Wilbur doesn't look ANYTHING like I expected".

Hahaha. Yeah, I've heard that before. Back when I commonly cruised the threads of USCHO I heard the same thing when I met fans at games. I just turned thirty, so I'll take it as I sound and look older than I am.

Or just really well spoken.... :whistling:

Hahaha. Yeah, I've heard that before. Back when I commonly cruised the threads of USCHO I heard the same thing when I met fans at games. I just turned thirty, so I'll take it as I sound and look older than I am.

Or just really well spoken.... :whistling:

As they say a face for radio? Or sitting behind a monitor?

I kid of course.

Things didn't work out to attend...will try next year.

As they say a face for radio? Or sitting behind a monitor?

I kid of course.

Things didn't work out to attend...will try next year.

I've had a lot of friends that say I'd be a good radio guy. I've been the emcee for some jump rope for heart events, was the keynote speaker at the graduation ceremony of the high school I taught at for four years, and I've given some epic best man speeches.

I think I'd do a better job than Bruce Ciskie....okay....I suck.... :lol:

I've had a lot of friends that say I'd be a good radio guy. I've been the emcee for some jump rope for heart events, was the keynote speaker at the graduation ceremony of the high school I taught at for four years, and I've given some epic best man speeches.

I think I'd do a better job than Bruce Ciskie....okay....I suck.... :lol:

You got a ways to go, unlike me, to bust out the "I'm a man! I'm 40!" tirade though.

That was a good speech though.. :)

Were you there Oxbow? Hoped to put a face to your name. Did not see anyone there with a daughter so figured you did not make it.

Unfortunately no...she wanted to sleep in and just hang w her dad yesterday. Figured those days are going to be limited before too long so took advantage of it. PM Mafia my ugly mug wouldn't be there.

Classic. How your dad could get Sacred Heart confused with Providence College and their epic upset over Minnesota in 2006 is beyond me!

Classic. How your dad could get Sacred Heart confused with Providence College and their epic upset over Minnesota in 2006 is beyond me!

My father hasn't figured it out that it's not Fleet Mills Farm! ???

My old man has the gift of gab, he just surprises the hell out of me sometimes. He basically was the emcee for my wedding reception, and just had people rolling. His comment about it not being a wake was pretty spot on. We have a lot of season to go.....

I still just.....uffff.....Holy Cross dad.....Holy Cross. :whistling:

• Upvote 1

Meet Mafia last night face to face. Great to put a name with a face. Now with that being said and after reading about Wilbur's looks, I think I might have some serious competition for a hand modeling gig with Oil of Olay at next weekend's auditions at MOA if they attend!!

After visiting w Mafia I'm now even more disappointed I missed the brunch.

After visiting w Mafia I'm now even more disappointed I missed the brunch.

I agree...I don't get to post as much as I used to b/c of 2 little ones, but I have been to the Final 5 the last 5-6 years and am disappointed in myself that this was my 1st Hoggsbreath brunch attended.

The stories alone made my journey. And finding out that Wilbur is not old enough for social security yet despite what his posts appear like.

Thanks for doing all the hard work MafiaMan.

I agree...but I have been to the Final 5 the last 5-6 years and am disappointed in myself that this was my 1st Hoggsbreath brunch attended.

The stories alone made my journey.

Thanks for doing all the hard work MafiaMan.

I have heard a few suggestions about finding a 'new' home for the Hoggsbreath brunch next year. Just because UND is moving to a new tournament location 7 minutes further away than Little Canada is to St Paul doesn't mean we need to change every tradition we have. 2013 may be the end of the WCHA as we know it, but it will NOT be the end of the annual Hoggsbreath brunch.

LeftyZL, I admire you for introducing your 20 month old to our bunch. Daddy daycare during hockey is a big job LOL. I don't know if we'll hit 50 people attending like we did on Friday, but we'll be at the Hogger again next year sharing some laughs and good times. Don't be disappointed that this is the first Hogg brunch you made...be glad that you decided to come this time and book it next year as a 'must-be-there' event.

The 2014 Hoggsbreath brunch 'Sacred Heart moment' is out there somewhere...

I have heard a few suggestions about finding a 'new' home for the Hoggsbreath brunch next year. Just because UND is moving to a new tournament location 7 minutes further away than Little Canada is to St Paul doesn't mean we need to change every tradition we have. 2013 may be the end of the WCHA as we know it, but it will NOT be the end of the annual Hoggsbreath brunch.

LeftyZL, I admire you for introducing your 20 month old to our bunch. Daddy daycare during hockey is a big job LOL. I don't know if we'll hit 50 people attending like we did on Friday, but we'll be at the Hogger again next year sharing some laughs and good times. Don't be disappointed that this is the first Hogg brunch you made...be glad that you decided to come this time and book it next year as a 'must-be-there' event.

The 2014 Hoggsbreath brunch 'Sacred Heart moment' is out there somewhere...

I think you said it best. A place with good service that allows you to have basically the whole bar to yourself. I'm hopeful to make it down to Minneapolis next year. If we do we'll be at the Hog again.