SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-14 Schedule

bincitysioux

I apologize, I wasn't directing it at you, I was directing it at the exhibition games. it is just me but I am not a fan of games that don't count.

Maybe had the rodents not let the rivalry "cool down" that they could of been playing the Sioux on that date.
  • Upvote 1

how about play one of the alaska schools there and have games that count.

There is a limit to the number of actual games that you can play. This is an opportunity to get that exposure and recruiting over and above the game limit. You do get 2 additional games added to your limit if you play in Alaska. But since neither Alaska team is in the new league, that will happen less than it did before. And it wouldn't happen if you played those Alaska schools in a Canadian venue. UND always has a couple of exhibition games, often having 1 in the middle of the season. How is this that much different?

Per Schlossman, UND will play in British Columbia on Jan. 2-3 against the University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser.

I bet I know one happy hockey coach that he's around his players for New Years. Fly em out there on New Years eve....practice new years day. And then beat up on two Canadian colleges.

• Upvote 1

I bet I know one happy hockey coach that he's around his players for New Years. Fly em out there on New Years eve....practice new years day. And then beat up on two Canadian colleges.

I believe BC is alright, they are full of former CHLers.

I believe BC is alright, they are full of former CHLers.

Ohh come on. I'm sure Eids will have a full scouting report for Hak and crew. :lol:

I know that BC normally has a pretty good club, but have not heard anything about Simon Fraser. If its just one guy they're playing or a university?

• 3 weeks later...

Details on ex games

It will play against the University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser on Jan. 3-4 in the Vancouver suburb of Burnaby. Princeton University will join UND on the trip (it does not say which team UND will play on which night yet).

The games will be played at Bill Copeland Sports Centre, the home of Simon Fraser.

The tournament is being dubbed “The Great Northwest Showcase.”

http://undhockey.are...es.com/?p=94659

Can we stop with everything being a "Showcase" or "Classic" these days?

Exposing usa college/UND hockey north of the border should be called the showcase. Only the 3rd time ever for UND to play in Canada. Works for me.

Also a comment from Brad from his blog post regarding the rule on how many exh games a team can play...

-There is an exception to the rule – you can play foreign exhibition games once every four years. So, UND won’t be able to do something like this again until 2017-18. A couple of years ago, Michigan Tech went to Europe in the summer for a trip and played some games. -