SiouxSports.com Forum

Cats should be kept inside

Fetch

i appreciate that they hold down the population of garbage birds, like pigeons. I would seriously doubt they do as much 'damage' to the large bird population (ducks, geese. pheasants) as they do to pigeons, sparrows, etc. holds down the spread of avian flu maybe?

why can they run free but a dog will go to jail as soon as caught & the fines go up fast

Because they're sneaky bastards and stay in the shadows unlike lost dogs who run up to people when they see them, or follow them home, or bark at them. Dogs will jump right into a police car, catching a stray cat is almost impossible.

• Upvote 3

Me and my wife have a cat. She is declawed in the front and never leaves the house. Letting your cat run around outside is irresponsible and causes a lot of problems for a lot of people. It's also not good for the kitty; they can get run over, attacked by predators, get diseases from other animals, ect. Some people in our neighborhood last summer let their cats run around and they would come up to the windows of our townhouse and look in, which drove my cat crazy. I had to go outside at 5am and chase them away. Thankfully, the winter cold has put a stop to that (until it warms up, that is).

Bottom Line: Don't let your cat (or dog) run around outside without a leash and listen to Bob Barker and spay or neuter your pets. Our animal shelters are crowded enough as it is.

Me and my wife have a cat. She is declawed in the front and never leaves the house. Letting your cat run around outside is irresponsible and causes a lot of problems for a lot of people. It's also not good for the kitty; they can get run over, attacked by predators, get diseases from other animals, ect. Some people in our neighborhood last summer let their cats run around and they would come up to the windows of our townhouse and look in, which drove my cat crazy. I had to go outside at 5am and chase them away. Thankfully, the winter cold has put a stop to that (until it warms up, that is).

Bottom Line: Don't let your cat (or dog) run around outside without a leash and listen to Bob Barker and spay or neuter your pets. Our animal shelters are crowded enough as it is.

My kids' sandbox would appreciate it.
  • Upvote 1

out in the country, a cat, a quarter mile from a occupied building, is going to get shot by most hunters

I think in town many get shot by pellet guns

not necessarily. My family has had cats on the farm for years running around. 95% of them always come back when they leave. We had one cat that we tried to give away....a week after we dropped it off, it disappeared from their farm. It showed up on ours, a year later.