SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Change

SIOUXELEVENS

Just an 'old fella' who reads the threads. Watched Sioux Hockey since 1954--season ticket holder since the old Ralph was built Seen most home games, been to regionals and frozen 4's--many final 5's Don't know that much about couching--never stayed in a Holiday Express but did graduate 6th in my high school graduation class. (7 in the class) If your still reading couple of observations.

Obviously Mr. Haksdol is a good coach--record speaks for it self. However being a good coach is not the same as being a winner.

Watching Mr Haksdol coach the 1st 2 years it was my opinion that he coached 'not to lose'--seems to me it is better to coach 'to win'.

Believed coaching 'not to lose' was coming to an end as the 2011 & 2012 teams always played 'to win'--if my memory is correct they lost few games when they were leading going into the 2nd or 3rd period.

Not sure if the same is true this year.

Eades-brought his lunch bucket to work every day--had to be a good example for the players. Looks as if we now have coaches that bring their brief cases to work.

Have at me bloggers-old skin is like leather.

Just an 'old fella' who reads the threads. Watched Sioux Hockey since 1954--season ticket holder since the old Ralph was built Seen most home games, been to regionals and frozen 4's--many final 5's Don't know that much about couching--never stayed in a Holiday Express but did graduate 6th in my high school graduation class. (7 in the class) If your still reading couple of observations.

Obviously Mr. Haksdol is a good coach--record speaks for it self. However being a good coach is not the same as being a winner.

Watching Mr Haksdol coach the 1st 2 years it was my opinion that he coached 'not to lose'--seems to me it is better to coach 'to win'.

Believed coaching 'not to lose' was coming to an end as the 2011 & 2012 teams always played 'to win'--if my memory is correct they lost few games when they were leading going into the 2nd or 3rd period.

Eades-brought his lunch bucket to work every day--had to be a good example for the players. Looks as if we now have coaches that bring their brief cases to work.

1954? Wow, bakka, I thought I was an old-timer from the '80's! Nice to see that it's not all 18-20 year olds on here. How would you compare Hakstol's coaching to others you have watched? I'm curious to know...

BTW...Epping High School?

Where in the 50's did you find a graduating class of only 7? Even little Dahlen, ND had larger classes then.

1954? Wow, bakka, I thought I was an old-timer from the '80's! Nice to see that it's not all 18-20 year olds on here. How would you compare Hakstol's coaching to others you have watched? I'm curious to know...

Hey I remember when Epping made their title run, what year was that?

First time on a blog--Graduating 6th is starting to show.

It is hard to judge Bob May and Barry Thorncraft(sp) as those were different times-players a little more mature. These teams were great fun to watch.

the 70, were some of the worst--especially since we had moved into the 'old Ralph'

Were you on those great Epping BB teams?

What about Barry Melrose? Or Tony Bina? I say Tony Bina, he knows how to not run a proud program into the ground.

Ya, I got the sarcasm. You said I didn't understand it in a successive post, which was confusing. Yes, I was defending Bina and Hak. By the way, are you sure you can stop both ways? Did you graduate high school as well? Spose you played for Central and a won state title every year you played.

That was the joke. He's an all time terrible hockey coach at any level which is why I used an ironic double negative. Since he's run centrals program into the ground saying he knows how not to run a program into the ground is a joke.

Got it, stuck up for him immediately.

I read craving instead of carving on you post. He's still a garbage coach. The only time he's won is when he's had enough talent to overcome his ineptitude.

Strange - you go to great lengths to disparage anyone who questions Mussman's coaching, but readily trash another coach on this board. I smell a double standard, unless you think Muss has a hidden talent only you can see now, but will become evident to all in 2-3 years.

Strange - you go to great lengths to disparage anyone who questions Mussman's coaching, but readily trash another coach on this board. I smell a double standard, unless you think Muss has a hidden talent only you can see now, but will become evident to all in 2-3 years.

So then enlighten me on the imaculate coaching skills of one Tony Bina. And may I remind you that I was defending Hakstol so also feel free to define this double standard as well.